League of Legends’ next big content patch is 6.14, including a massive Ryze rework, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. There’s big changes to Sona and Leona, brought forward from the 6.13 public testing. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
As for the game at the moment, here’s the League of Legends champions you should be playing.
LoL Patch 6.14 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 6.14 will release on July 13. Here are the server down times for each major region:
- NA: 03:00 PT
- EUW: 05:00 BST
- EUNE: 03:00 CEST
Once the servers come back up, there’ll be running on 6.14. The server maintenance page is always your best bet for knowing what’s happening when.
Next League of Legends Champion – Something in Brush
This go round the PBE received a special, teaser update where each time a brush is approached there’s a chance it will make a sound and rustle. The files are marked with “Something in Brush” but no further information has been released. This is consistent with previous new champion hints, specifically Kindred and Tahm Kench’s mysterious map-altering files. Here’s a video of the easter eggs in action from the ever-excellent fansite Surrender @ 20:
It can only occur once per game, is triggered by minions as well as heroes and can be seen and heard through fog of war – which might have some implications about telling locations of enemies, but it’s mostly likely to happen in very predictable spots near the start of a game, so it’s hardly going to snap the meta in half. We’ll likely hear more about who, or what, is coming next on the patch 6.15 PBE next week.
It’s entirely possible that this is wrong, of course, and it’s a tease for something else entirely. We’ll find out soon.
LoL Patch 6.14 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.14 Champion Changes
- Arise (W):
- Soldier Vision Radius reduced to match attack range of 350.
- Soldier damage increase per level curve adjusted:
- NEW: 50/52/54/56/58/60/63/66/69/72/75/85/95/110/125/140/155/170
- OLD: 50/55/60/65/70/75/80/85/90/95/100/110/120/130/140/150/160/170
- Duelist’s Dance (Passive):
- Increased heal to 30-115 (at levels 1-18) from25-110 (at levels 1-18)
- Lunge (Q)
- Bonus AD ratio increased to .95/1/1.05/1.1/1.15 from .55/.70./.85/1/1.15
Lee Sin – buffed
- Safeguard (W):
- Base shield value increased to 40/100/160/220/280 from 40/80/120/160/200.
- Sunlight (Passive):
- Damage decreased to [20 + 5 per level] from [20 + 15 per 2 levels]
- Shield of Daybreak (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 9/8/7/6/5 from 11/10/9/8/7
- Damage decreasedto 30/55/80/105/130 from 40/70/100/130/160
- Bonus range increased to 50 from 30
- Eclipse (W):
- Damage now 60/100/140/180/220 from 60/110/160/210/260
- Zenith Blade (E):
- Root duration increased to .5 from .25
- Solar Flare (R):
- Damage lowered to 100/175/250 from 150/250/350
- New Effect, Soulstroke: Leona’s sword remains charged with Incandescence, causing her next 3/4/5 basic attacks to gain 100 range and deal 30/40/50 (+ 15% AP) bonus magic damage on hit.
- Incandescence also now applies Leona’s passive, it did not in earlier iterations.
- Leona’s sword glows when she is buffed by Incandescence – stacks fall off all at once and last for ~5 seconds.
- Illumination (Passive):
- Damage per level increased +10 from +8.
- Light Binding (Q):
- Damage lowered to 50/100/150/200/250 from 60/110/160/210/260
Malzahar – nerfed
- Movement speed reduced to 335 from 340.
- Attack range reduced to 500 from 550.
- Tremor Sense (W):
- Cooldown for updates per target is up to 1.5 from .75 seconds
- Now won’t alert Rek’Sai “if the enemy is minorly moving to modify their facing”
Poppy – buffed
- Iron Ambassador (Passive):
- Shield amount based on max health now increases with level – now [15% at level 1, increased to 17.5% at level 7, increases to 20% at lvl 13] from 15% at all levels.
- Cooldown lowered to 16/13/10 from 18/14/10
- Damage decreased to10-180 (at levels 1-18) from20-190 (at levels 1-18)
- Steadfast Presence (W):
- Movement speed increased to 32/34/36/38/40 from 27/29/31/33/35
Sona – changed
- Aura range increased to 400 from 350
- Aura duration is no longer extended by up to 2 seconds when ‘tagging’ allies.
- Power Chord (Passive):
- Damage increased to 15-235 from 13-192
- Power Chord: Diminuendo (Passive – W):
- Target now deals 25% less damage for 3 seconds, up from 20%
- AP scaling increased to .04 from .02
- Now shrinks targets for duration of debuff.
- Hymn of Valor (Q):
- Damage (active) lowered to 40/70/100/130/160 from 40/80/120/160/200
- Aria of Perserverance (W):
- Base Heal increased to 40/65/90/115/140 from 30/50/70/90/110
- Shield value increased to 30/55/80/105/130 from 35/55/75/95/115
- Heal no longer increases based on target’s missing health.
- Heal AP ratio increased to .25 from .2
- Shield AP ratio increased to .3 from .2
- Song of Celerity (E):
- Active now grants Sona 16/17/18/19/20 + 8% per 100 AP out of combat movement speed for 7 seconds.
- Melody (aura) changed: Now [On next basic attack within 5 seconds, gain 50/55/60/65/70 (+15% AP) movement speed for 2 seconds] from [10-14% (+3.5% per 100 AP movement speed for 1.5 seconds]
- Melody duration increased to 3 seconds from 1.5
- Melody AP ratio increased to 6% per 100 AP from 4% per 100 AP
- Crescendo (R):
- Now reduces base cooldown of Q/W/E by 20/30/40% rather than potency increases on Q/W/E
- Seismic Shove (W):
- Cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/12 from 16/14/12/10/8
- Added vector casting, as described in this thread
- Unraveled Earth (E):
- Deals 15% less damage per hit after the first
- Glorious Evolution (Passive):
- Hex Core MK-1 cost increased to 1250 gold from 1000 gold
- Perfect Hex Core upgrade cost decreased to 750 gold from 1000 gold
- Total cost unchanged.
Patch 6.14 Map Changes
- Bonus increased to 25/50/75 out of combat movement speed from 15/30/45.
Patch 6.14 Bug Fixes
Riot are trying something new by detailing the bugs they’re fixing and why they happened. They aren’t running down all of them (“we missed a semi-colon” isn’t ever going to be interesting) but there’s to be a batch each patch. Here’s 6.14’s, with explanation from RiotMEMEMEMEME.
Patch 6.14 Ryze Rework
Rune Mage Ryze is getting a massive rework in patch 6.14, updating everything from his lore to his skill kit to all of his art. You can scroll down to our skins section for the new splash art. The details of his mechanical changes are over on the official forums, but here’s a brief rundown:
- Arcane Mastery (Passive):
- Ryze’s spells deal extra damage based on his Bonus Mana, and his maximum mana is increased by 5% per 100 Ability Power.
- Overload (Q):
- 40 Mana, 6 sec Cooldown
- Passive: Rune Prison and Spell Flux reset Overload’s Cooldown and charge a Rune for 4 seconds, up to 2 Runes.
- Active: Unleash a runic blast, dealing 60/85/110/135/160/185 (+45% AP) (+3% bonus mana) magic damage to the first enemy struck. Any active Runes are discharged.
- If 2 Runes are discharged, they Overload, shielding Ryze from [60-200] (+60% AP) (+3% bonus mana) damage and increasing his Movement Speed by 25/30/35/40/45/50% for 2 seconds.
- Shield base value – [60/70/80/90/100/110/120/130/140/150/160/170/175/180/185/190/195/200]
- Rune Prison (W):
- 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, 13/12/11/10/9 sec Cooldown
- Instantly root an enemy for 1 second and deal 80/100/120/140/160 (+20% AP) (+1% bonus mana) magic damage.
- Spell Flux (E):
- 40/55/70/85/100 Mana, 2.25 sec Cooldown
- Apply Flux to an enemy, dealing 50/75/100/125/150 (+30% AP) (+2% bonus mana) magic damage. Spells consume Flux for bonus effects:
- Overload: Deals 40/55/70/85/100% more damage and spreads to nearby enemies with Flux.
- Rune Prison: Root duration is doubled to 2 seconds.
- Spell Flux: Spreads Spell Flux to nearby enemies.
- Spells that kill enemies affected by Flux spread Spell Flux to nearby enemies.
- Realm Warp (R):
- 100 Mana, 120 sec Cooldown
- Ryze opens a portal to a location up to 1500/3000 range away. After 2 seconds, all allies near the portal are teleported to that location.
- If Ryze becomes unable to cast or move, Realm Warp is cancelled.
He also his own, new spotlight after being redesigned:
Patch 6.14 Twisted Treeline Changes
Twisted Treeline is getting a bit of a rework in 6.14. All of the changes you see below are only being applied to that map, not globally.
- Added items:
- B.F Sword, Duskblade of Darktharr, Essence Reaver, Infinity Edge, Mercurial Scimitar, The Bloodthirster, Thornmail, Warmog’s Armor
- Removed items:
- Sanguine Blade, Overlord’s Bloodmail, Dervish Blade, Wicked Hatchet
- Item Lord Van Damm’s Pillager reworked:
- Several changes, new build & new stats.
- Total Cost: 2600
- Recipe: Caulfield’s Warhammer + Chain Vest + 700g
- 45 AD
- 50 Armor
- 10% CDR
- Unique Aura: Redues armor of the nearby enemy champions by 10-25.
- Outer Turrets:
- Armor increased to 100 from 50.
- Magic resist increased to 100 from 50.
- XP radius removed
- Only the killer can receive XP
- Big Golem:
- Base XP decreased to 120 from 150
- Base gold increased to 81 from 69
- Base HP increased to 1340 from1240
- Little Golem:
- Base gold decreased to 14 from21
- Big Wolf:
- Base XP reduced to 90 from 142
- Base gold increased to 68 from51
- Base HP increased to 1220 from1120
- Little Wolf:
- Base gold decreased to 16 from17
- Big Wraith:
- Base XP decreased to 90 from 140
- Base gold increased to 70 from45
- Base HP increased to 1150 from1050
LoL Patch 6.14 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Pool Party Fiora
1350 RP Epic.Details from Riot.
Here’s her splash:
Pool Party Miss Fortune
1350 RP Epic. Details from Riot.
Here’s her splash:
Pool Party Taric
1350 RP epic.Details from Riot.
Here’s his splash:
LoL Patch 6.14 Crab Ward
To go along with the new Pool Party Skins, there’s a new ward, bestowed with the title His Royal Crabness. He looks like this:
He’ll be 640 RP, the wee tike.
LoL Patch 6.14 Ryze Skin Update
New Tribal Ryze Splash Art
New Uncle Ryze Splash Art
New Triumphant Ryze Splash Art
New Professor Ryze Splash Art
New Zombie Ryze Splash Art
New Dark Crystal Ryze Splash Art
New Pirate Ryze Splash Art
New Young Ryze Splash Art
LoL Patch 6.14 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They’re always fairly excellent, and 6.14’s based on Ryze is no different:
LoL Patch 6.14 Cooldown Pings
In Patch 6.14 Riot are planning on introducing cooldown pings for abilities and items. This helps you inform team-mates of your status without having to type anything out, and is something Dota 2 has had for a little while. All the details over on the PBE forums.
That’s League of Legends patch 6.14. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for patch 6.15 in the very near future. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!