League of Legends' next big content patch is 6.15, bringing with it the second round of PROJECT skins, some of the best that Riot do. It also has a host of balance and bug fixes. including continued Taliyah changes and minor buffs across a lot of champions. Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Just getting started? Here's the best League of Legends champions for beginners.
LoL Patch 6.15 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 6.15 is arriving earlier than its peers on July 26, Tuesday rather than the normal Wednesday. Servers will go down for maintenance at 3am PT for NA, 5am BST for EUW and 3am CEST for EUNE. As usual, check the server maintenance page if you need specifics for your region.
LoL Patch 6.15 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.15 Champion Changes
Braum - nerfed
- Concussive Blows (Passive):
- Damage changed to 26-196 (at levels 1-18) from 40-176 (at levels 1-18)
- Winter's Bite (Q):
- Damage decreased to 60/105/150/195/240 from 70/115/160/205/250
Corki - buffed
- Hextech Munitions (Passive):
- Package cooldown decreased to 240 seconds from 300 seconds
Hecarim - nerfed
- Attack damage decreased to 58 from 61.37
- Rampage (Q):
- Damage decreased to 50/85/120/155/190 from 60/95/130/165/200
Jarvan IV - buffed
- Demacian Standard (E)
- Attack speed increased to 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% from 10/13/16/19/22% on passive and active aura.
Karma - nerfed
- Inspire (E):
- Shield value decreased to 70/100/130/160/190 from 80/110/140/170/200
- Can no longer shield minions.
- Mantra Bonus - Defiance (R+E) now has same movement speed as E shield (40/45/50/55/60%) instead of 60%.
Kassadin - buffed
- Null Sphere (Q)
- Damage changed to 65/95/125/155/185 from 70/95/120/145/170
- Force Pulse (E)
- Mana cost decreased to 60/65/70/75/80 from 80 at all ranks
Malzahar - nerfed
- Void Shift (Passive):
- Linger after taking damage reduced to .25 second from 1 second
- Cooldown increased to 30/24/18/12 from 30/18/10/6
Nidalee - buffed
- Javelin Toss (Q):
- Minimum damage changed to 70/85/100/115/130 from 60/77.5/95/112.5/130
- Maximum damage changed to 210/255/300/345/390 from 180/232.5/285/337.5/390
- Aspect of the Cougar (R):
- No longer resets Nidalee's basic attack
- Takedown (r.Q):
- Minimum damage changed to 5/30/55/80 from 4/20/50/90
- Maximum damage changed to 10/67.5/137.5/220 from 8/45/125/248
- AP ratio increased to 40% from 36%
- Damage versus Hunted targets increased to 40% from 33%
Renekton - buffed
- Dominus (R):
- Now grants 20 fury immediately upon use.
- AoE magic damage per second increased to 40/80/120 from 30/60/120
Shen - nerfed
- Base health regen decreased to 8.5 from 10
Shyvana - buffed
- Dragon's Descent (R):
- Now generates 1/1.5/2 fury every 1 second from 1/2/3 fury every 1.5 seconds
Sona - nerfed
- Aria of Perseverance (W) heal lowered to 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/60/80/100/120
- Song of Celerity (E) bonus movement speed lowered to 13/14/15/16/17% from 16/17/18/19/20%
- These changes were hotfixed to live during 6.14.
Taliyah - changed
- Weaver's Wall (R):
- Cooldown increased to 180/150/120 from 160/140/120
Vayne - buffed
- Tumble (Q):
Viktor - nerfed
- Chaos Storm (R):
- Chaos Storm now only counts as “returning” (moves at max speed regardless of distance) if Viktor targets himself
Vladimir - nerfed
- Base movement speed decreased to 330 from 335.
- Sanguine Pool (W):
- Cooldown increased to 28/25/22/19/16 from 26/23/20/17/14
Zyra - buffed
- Deadly Spines (Q):
- AP ratio increased to .6 from .55
- Damage increased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/90/120/150/180
Patch 6.15 Turret and Minion Changes
- Turrets now give a gold bonus for the first kill:
- 400 total gold across the team for first turret kill - 275g local gold and 25 global gold.
- Chat call out added.
- Fortification: Turret buff
- Duration lowered to 5 minutes from 7 minutes.
- Damage reduction increased to 50% from 35%
- Bot lane turrets no longer have Fortification.
- Visual effect added to show you are hitting a shielded turret.
- Outer Turret HP increased to 3500 from 3300.
- Spawn rates have changed: each team gets one cannon minion per wave, rotating between lanes.
- Bot lane gets a cannon minion on wave 3, mid gets one on wave 4, and top gets one at wave 5 - this then repeats until 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, mid gets a cannon minion on wave 40 then both bot and top get a cannon minion on wave 41 - this then repeats until 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, all lanes have cannons in each wave.
Patch 6.15 Item Changes
Ardent Censer & Mikael's Crucible - changed
- +15% heal and Shield power now a Unique Passive
Patch 6.15 Twisted Treeline Changes
Lord Van Damm's Pillager - New!
- Costs 3300 overall.
- +300 Health
- +50 Attack Damage
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- UNIQUE Passive - Ashes to Ashes: Controlling the nearest Altar sets you aflame, dealing 25 (+1 per champion level) magic damage per second to nearby enemies (Deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters). Controlling the furthest Altar causes your basic attacks to burn targets for 114 true damage (based on champion level) over 3 seconds."
- The two altar bonus now also gives an empowered recall in addition to buffing minions.
LoL Patch 6.15 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
1820 RP Legendary. Details from Riot.
Here's her splash:
1350 RP Epic. Details from Riot.
Here's his splash:
1350 RP Epic. Details from Riot.
Here's her splash:
These triplicate of robotic perfection come with...
Recon Drone Ward
A new PROJECT-themed ward skin. Here's how it looks in-game:
The PROJECT minions have also returned for when a certain number of project skins are being used.
Prestigious Leblanc splash
Spellthief Lux splash
Hextech Crafting Components
The new PROJECT skins are being added to LoL's Hextech crafting system, and as a result new caches are available to unlock CORES which you can use to put together the skin you're after if you don't want to spend too much RP on them. They are also available for IP or RP.
LoL Patch 6.15 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. This one's dedicated to the fairly rad-as-heck PROJECT: Ashe skin, showing off the mechanical shifting of her visor and bow.
New LoL Client Champion Pages
The big client update for League of Legends continues on, and now champion pages have been redesigned. They now display a character's role and a visual representation of their capabilities in key areas - damage, toughness, crowd control, mobility and utility. Here's an example, with a batch more over on Surrender @ 20:
That's League of Legends patch 6.15. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 6.16 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!