League of Legends’ next big content patch is 6.16, introducing new champion Kled and his honourable/cowardly mount Skaarl as well as the much-anticipated new SKT1 World Champion skins. There’s also the usual balance tweaks, with fairly large changes across a number of champions. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
Just getting started? Here’s the bestLeague of Legends championsfor beginners.
LoL Patch 6.16 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 6.16 will be deployed on Wednesday August 10 at 3:00 am PT for NA, 5:00 BST time for EUW, and 3:00 CEST for EUNE. Keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
LoL Patch 6.16 New Champion – Kled
You can read all about Kled in our dedicated post. We’ll note any massive changes to his abilities here, and you can see his extra skin below.
LoL Patch 6.16 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.16 Champion Changes
- Ionian Fervor (Passive):
- Range decreased to 1000 from 1400
- No longer reduces duration of disables for each nearby enemy champion.
- Now reduces duration of disables on Irelia based on if she is outnumbered (self + allies vs enemies)
- Having a number advantage (more allies + self than enemies) is 0%. Irelia plus an ally ganking one enemy, no bonus.
- Even Fight is always 10%. A one on one or two on two during the laning phase, or a full five-man fight.
- Outnumber bonus is 25/30/35/40% at levels 1/6/11/16. Whether it’s the entire enemy team descending on her or a basic two-man gank, she’ll get this bonus based on level.
- Whimsy (W):
- Cooldown decreased to16/15/14/13/12 seconds from18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds
- Bonus attack speed increased to25/30/35/40/45% from15/20/25/30/35%
- Children of the Grave (R):
- Big series of changes to the ghost AI. Not number buffs, but do make him easier to play predictably. From the official patch notes:
- The ghost prioritizes champions and towers over minions when looking for something to attack
- The ghost continues its previous action once crowd control effects wear off
- The ghost chases its target to the last known location if it loses vision
- The ghost can be ordered to follow Mordekaiser by targeting Mordekaiser himself with R or Alt-Right Click
- The ghost looks for things to attack after 8 seconds of being idle, prioritizing champions and towers over minions
- The ghost doesn’t cancel its basic attacks when ordered to attack a unit it was already attacking
- Depth Charge (R):
- Targets hit along the way are now also stunned for 1/1.5/2 seconds.
- Knock-up duration increased to 1 second from 0.5 seconds
- Song of Celerity (E):
- Self movement speed AP ratio decreased to 6% per 100 AP from 8%
- Self movement speed decreased to 10/11/12/13/14% from 13/14/15/16/17%
- Crescendo (R):
- Basic ability cooldown reduction decreased to 10%/25%/40% from 20/30/40%
- Chaos Storm (R):
- Max speed of Chaos Storm decreased to 400 from 450.
- Minimum speed of Chaos storm increased to 200 from 170
- Starts slowing down from max speed once it gets 300 units away, down from 350.
- Reaches minimum speed once it is 900 units away from Viktor, down from 950.
LoL Patch 6.16 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
975 RP.Details from Riot.
Here’s his splash:
SKT T1 Alistar
SKT T1 Azir
SKT T1 Elise
SKT T1 Kalista
SKT T1 Renekton
SKT T1 Ryze
Here’s their combined splash:
If you’re interested in those unique recall animations, here’s where they came from:
Thank you, Korea.
Arcade Ahri, Corki, and Ezreal
Bit of a weird one, these got pushed to the PBE then reverted so it’s highly likely these won’t arrive in the 6.16 patch and will be in a later update, but we’ll put them here for you anyway. There was also a preview of each skin on Riot’s Instagram, which you can see below.
Here is Ahri’s Splash Screen:
And here’s Corki’s (Ezreal’s didn’t arrive before the revert):
Chroma Pack Changes
Also in that accidental PBE update were Chroma colour-palette swaps forArcade Miss Fortune,Cottontail Teemo,Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao,High Noon Yasuo, andShockblade Zed. The packs were five colours in total, as opposed to the usual three, and changes to pricing and availability of the skin colours were made by Riot’s product manager of personalisations, “SuperCakes”, on the LoL Boards.
You can now buy Chromas individually, as well as in bundles, for 290RP each. However the team also introduced recurring IP sales, twice a year, where you can pick up Chroma skins for 2000IP each. The first of these sales will take place from August 25 to September 8 this year and will include all skins launched before August, so these won’t be in there even if they are out in the next patch cycle.
Here are a couple of the skins to whet your appetite.
LoL Patch 6.16 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music, and 6.16 is no different. It features the brand new champion, Kled, and his mount. It’s just a little bit funky:
League of Legends Client Update – Shop
The new client alpha testing continues, this time with the shop interface. The regular client shop recently had an update, so the assets and graphics aren’t particularly different. Still, if you’re curious, fansite [email protected]has a batch of screenshots. If you want to try out the new client yourself (and give feedback) all the info you need is here.
That’s League of Legends patch 6.16. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for patch 6.17 in the very near future. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!