League of Legends’ next big content patch is 8.15, introducing the freshly-reworked Akali. The Rogue Assassin has a suite of new spells, as well as a new model, VO, and an update to every last one of her skins.
If you thought she was a threat before, the new Akali is about to be deadlier than ever. She’s more mobile, for one thing, but also far, far stealthier – the jewel in her crown is the all-new Twilight Shroud, which makes her entirely untargetable. Even turrets won’t be able to damage Akali while she’s hiding in the smoke.
Elsewhere, there are changes to Irelia and Fizz, the latter of whom is receiving plenty of attention to his ultimate. There are changes to marksmen items and support items, as well as some lovely new Pool Party skins for Gangplank, Caitlyn, and Zoe, helping you celebrate the summer in style. If you’ve missed out in previous years, Riot has a bunch of new chromas available for older Pool Party skins, too. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
LoL Patch 8.15 Release Date And Downtime
We don’t know the exact release date for patch 8.15 yet, but the schedule is bi-weekly so expect it on Wednesday, August 1. We’ll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
LoL Patch 8.15 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
- Base HP: 550
- HP Per Level: 85
- Energy: 200
- HP Regen: 0.7
- HP Regen Growth: 0.1
- Base MR: 32
- MR Per Level: 1.25
- Base AD: 64.4
- AD per level: 3.3
- Base Armor: 23
- Armor Growth: ~
- Attack Speed: 0.625
- Attack Speed Growth: 3.2
- Base Move Speed: 345
- Attack Range: 125
Assassin’s Mark (P):
- Dealing spell damage to a champion reveals an energy ring around them.
- When Akali crosses the ring, she extends her kama and empowers it. Her next attack has doubled range, deals [39-180 based on level] (+90% bAD)(+70% AP) bonus magic damage, and restores [10 – 30 based on level] energy.
Five Point Strike (Q):
- Cooldown: 1.5s
- Cost: 100/95/90/85/80 energy
- Slings kunai in an arc, dealing 25/50/75/100/125 (+ 130% tAD)(+50% AP) magic damage. Enemies at the tip are briefly slowed.
- If cast near full energy, Akali also heals for [5-20 based on level] (+ 80% tAD) (+ 20% AP).
- At rank 5, deals an extra (+ 65% tAD)(+25% AP) damage to minions and monsters.
Twilight Shroud (W):
- Cooldown: 17/15.5/14/12.5/11
- Cost: None (restores 40/50/60/70/80 energy)
- Drops a smoke bomb, unleashing a spreading cover of smoke that obscures Akali from enemy vision and grants her 20/25/30/35/40% movement speed.
- Twilight Shroud lasts 5/5.5/6/6.5/7 seconds. Entering or exiting obscured extends Shroud’s duration by 0.5 second, up to 8 seconds.
- While obscured, Akali is stealthed and cannot be selected by hostile spells or attacks, including by towers, even if revealed.
- Twilight Shroud’s cooldown starts once the cloud disappears.
- The cloud’s remaining duration is shown around the icon on the ability bar.
Shuriken Flip (E):
- Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10s
- Cost: 30 energy
- Flip backward and fire a shuriken forward, dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+70% bAD) physical damage and marking the first enemy or smoke cloud hit.
- Re-cast: Dash to the marked target, dealing the same damage.
Perfect Execution (R):
- Cooldown: 120s/100/80
- Cost: None
- Two dashes: The first vaults over enemies, stunning for 0.5 seconds and dealing 120/180/240 (+50% bAD) physical damage.
- The second is a piercing thrust that executes, dealing 120/180/240 (+30% AP) to 300/450/600 (90% AP) magic damage based on missing health.
You can check out Akali’s new voiceover and special interactions below:
Irelia – changed
- Base AD
- Increased to 63 from 60.
- Increased to 550 from 580.
- Ionian Fervor (P):
- Per stack damage changed to 4-17 from 1-12.
- Bladesurge (Q):
- Damage decreased to 5/25/45/65/85 from 10/30/50/70/90.
- AD ratio decreased to 60% from 70%.
- Range decreased to 625 units from 600 units.
- Defiant Dance (W):
- Damage reduction changed to 50% at all ranks from 45/50/55/60/65%.
- Flawless Duet (E):
- Now deals full damage to monsters (from 50%).
- Damage decreased to 70/110/150/190/230 from 80/120/160/200/240.
- Range decreased to 850 units from 900 units.
- Vanguard (R):
- Range decreased to 1000 units from 1050 units.
Fiddlesticks – nerfed
- Dark Wind (E)
- Cost increased to 70/75/80/85/90 mana from 50/60/70/80/90
- Magic damage per bounce decreased to 60/80/100/120/140 from 65/85/105/125/145.
Fizz – buffed
- Seastone Trident (W):
- Active bonus magic damage increased to 50/60/70/80/90 from 40/50/60/70/80
- Chum the waters (R):
- Guppy AP ratio increased to 100% from 60%.
- Guppy damage increased to 200/300/400 from 150/250/350.
- Chomper AP ratio increased to 120% from 90%.
- Chomper damage increased to 275/375/475 from 225/325/425.
- Gigalodon AP ration increased to 140% from 120%.
- Gigalodon damage increased to 350/450/550 from 300/400/500.
Kindred – nerfed
- Wolf’s Frenzy (W):
- Wolf attack speed scaling decreased to 25% from 50%
- Lamb’s Respite (R):
- Cooldown increased to 180/150/120 seconds from 160/130/100 seconds.
Lee Sin – changed
- Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike (Q):
- Q1 + Q2 AD ratio increased to 100% bAD from 90% bAD.
- Q1 + Q2 damage decreased to 50/80/110/140/170 from 55/85/115/145/175.
- New: Q2 now deals up to 50% increased damage based on target’s missing health.
- Q2 no longer deals 8% of target’s missing health as damage.
Syndra – changed
- Dark Sphere (Q):
- Damage changed to 70/110/150/190/230 from 50/95/140/185/230.
Ancient Coin – nerfed
- Increased to 400 from 350
- Skill Name
- PC 4 This is the desc, which can contain html to add <strong.>
Essence Reaver – buffed
- Base AD
- Increased to 75 from 70
Frostfang – changed
- Combine Cost
- Decreased to 275 from 325