League of Legends Season 9 is just around the corner. Season 8 comes to an end soon, so patch 9.1 has hit the PBE to give you an early look at the first changes heading to the game in the new season.
For the most part, balance changes look pretty minimal. There are a couple of tweaks to Fiora, Kalista, and Katarina, as well as adjustments to Hail of Blades and Shield Bash. The biggest set of changes comes to Ornn, however. The Fire Below the Mountain gets two new Masterwork items and a tweak to his passive allowing him to craft items for his team, as well as changes across the entirety of his kit that are sure to impact his competitive viability.
When it comes to skins, the Blood Moon line sees several additions this patch. Aatrox, Sivir, and Pyke join one of the most populous skin lines in the entire game. If that weren’t enough, Aatrox also follows in the fancy footsteps of K/DA, with a Prestige Edition version of his brand-new skin.
League of Legends Patch 9.1 Release Date and Downtime
We don’t have an exact release date for patch 9.1, but patches arrive on a bi-weekly schedule, so expect it on Wednesday, December 19. There’s a slim chance that the release is disrupted by Riot’s Christmas break, but that’s more likely to affect patch 9.2.
League of Legends patch 9.1 Champion Changes
Ashe – changed
- Hawkshot (E):
- Hawkshot grants Ashe assists on enemy champions that it reveals, but only if they were otherwise unseen.
Caitlyn – buffed
- Piltover Peacemaker (Q):
- Damage increased to 50/90/130/170/210 from 30/70/110/150/190. Wide shot damage changed to 40% less damage from 33% less damage.
- Ace in the Hole (R):
- Target range increased to 3500 units at all ranks from 2000/2500/3000 units.
Corki – buffed
- Missile Barrage (R):
- Damage increased to 90/115/140 from 75/100/125.
Fiora – buffed
- Duelist’s Dance (P):
- Movement speed decay increased to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
Jinx – buffed
- Zap! (W):
- Zap’s cast time now decreases as Jinx gains attack speed.
Kalista – changed
- Base AD
- Increased to 67 from 62.
- AD per level
- increased to 4 from 3.6
- Attack speed per level
- Increased to 4 from 3.5
- Pierce (Q):
- Damage increased to 20/85/150/215/280 from 10/70/130/190/250.
- Sentinel (W):
- No longer gains AD when near Oathsworn.
Katarina – changed
- Shunpo (E):
- Teleport time changed to 0 second delay from 0.075 second delay (total cast time unchanged).
Ornn – buffed
- Base AD
Omcreased to 69 from 67.72
HP per level
- Increased to 95 from 90.
- Regen increased to 0.18 from 0.16.
- Armor per level
- Increased to 4 from 3.
- Living Forge (P):
- New effect: “When Ornn hits level 11 any upgradable items he currently owns or buys in the future will automatically become upgraded for no cost. For the next 4 levels after 11, each level will allow Ornn to upgrade an item for an ally (max 1 per ally) at no cost. Ornn must get close to his ally and click on them, which will cause him to forge his ally’s item and replace it for them when he’s finished.”
- Ornn and his allies now have access to two new Masterwork items – Iceborn Gauntlet can be upgraded to Frozen Fist, Youmuu’s Ghostblade into to Youmuu’s Wraithblade, Blade of the Ruined King into Might of the Ruined King, and Luden’s Echo into Luden’s Pulse.
- Now grants an additional 10% bonus Armor and Magic Resistance from all sources.
- Volcanic Rupture (Q):
- Mana cost decreased to 45 at all ranks from 55 at all ranks.
- Slow changed to 40% at all ranks from 40/45/50/55/60%.
- Bellows Breath (W):
- No longer grants a shield on use.
- Now grants Unstoppable for the duration.
- Duration decreased to 0.75 seconds from 1 second.
- Brittle damage increased to 10% + 0.5% per level from 7% + 0.3% per level.
- Cooldown changed to 14 seconds at all ranks from 17/15/13/11/9 seconds.
- Damage changed to 12% + 0.5% per level from 10% + 0.5% per level.
- Searing Charge (E):
- Mana cost changed to 35/40/45/50/55 from 50 at all ranks. Knockup duration increased to 1.25 seconds from 1 second.
- Call of the Forge God (R):
- R1’s slow no scales with the amount of time the R1 has existed for – Maximum slow increased to 40/60/80% from 40/50/60%.
- R2’s knockup duration is now decreased to 50% on subsequent targets after hitting an enemy champion.
Pyke – nerfed
- MR per level
- Decreased to 1.5 from 2.
- Bone Skewer (Q):
- Stab damage to minions and monsters beyond the first decreased to 30% from 50%.
Sejunai – buffed
- HP per level
- Increased to 105 from 88
- Armor per level
- Increased to 4.25 from 3
- Base MR
- Increased to 32.1 from 27.1
- MR per level
- Increased to 1.25 from 0.75.
- Fury of the North (P):
- Frost armor linger increased to 3 seconds from 2 seconds.
- Arctic Assault (Q):
- Damage increased to 80/120/160/200/240 from 60/90/120/150/180.
- Winter’s Wrath (W):
- Second hit damage increased to 30/70/110/150/190 from 30/65/100/135/170.
- Permafrost (E):
- Stun duration decreased to 1 second at all ranks from 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 seconds.
- Damage increased to 40/80/120/160/200 from 20/35/50/65/80.
- Range decreased to 560 units from 750 units.
Sivir – changed
- Boomerang Blade (Q):
- Now deals reduced damage to each subsequent non-Champion target.
- Ricochet (W):
- Bounce damage increased to 55/60/65/70/75% from 50/55/60/65/70%.
- On the Hunt (R):
- Passive attack speed changed to 45% at all ranks from 30/45/60%.
Vayne – changed
- Final Hour (R):
- Tumble cooldown now reduced by 50% on use of Final Hour.
Xayah – buffed
- Bladecaller (E):
- Damage increased to 60/75/90/105/120 from 55/65/75/85/95
- Damage no longer scales on Critical Strike Chance
- AD ratio increased to 75% from 60%.
League of Legends patch 9.1 Rune Changes
Celerity – buffed
- Movement bonus effectiveness
- Increased to 10% from 8%.
Shield Bash – buffed
- Increased to 5-30 from 4-21
Hail of Blades – buffed
- Attack speed
- Increased to 110% from 75%.
- Attacks that are resets do not count towards this cap.
- Attack speed increased to 10% from 9%.
League of Legends patch 9.1 other changes
- Outer turret Armor and Magic Resist after Turret Plating falloff increased from 0 to 40
- Turret destruction and first turret local gold is divided among nearby champions and nearby Assisters for the turret kill.
Blood Moon Aatrox – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
Blood Moon Aatrox also comes with a golden Prestige Edition:
Blood Moon Pyke – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
Blood Moon Sivir – 1350 RP
Here’s her splash:
League of Legends patch 9.1 Login Theme
Every League of Legends patch comes with its own Login Theme. They’re all fairly excellent, and patch 9.1’s is no exception. It’s based on Snowdown 2018.
That’s everything we have to show you in League of Legends patch 9.1. Make sure to check back for patch 9.2 in the very near future.