After what feels like a very long time, League of Legends patch 9.2 has arrived on the PBE. The headline feature this time around is the arrival of Demacian supervillain Sylas, the Unshackled. The new mage’s ultimate ability allows him to steal ults from other players, making him a constantly evolving threat.
When it comes to balance changes, the biggest change is to Yorick. Everyone’s favourite gravedigger is seeing some major changes to his familiars – ghouls will now spawn more quickly, while the Maiden of the Mist is striking out on her own. Elsewhere, Neeko’s seeing some changes to Tangle-Barbs and Pop Blossom, while Aurelion Sol will find it easier to get stuns off with his Q.
There are also plenty of skins on offer in the new patch. As well as Sylas’ launch skin, Vayne, Sejuani, and Tahm Kench are all celebrating the Year of the Pig ahead of the Lunar New Year. Closer to home, Fiora and Vi are looking ahead to Valentines’ day with their Heartpiercer and Heartbreaker skins.
League of Legends Patch 9.2 release date and downtime
Server downtime for League of Legends patch 9.2 begins early tomorrow morning. Servers will go down at 03:00 for NA, 05:00 GMT for EUW, and 03:00 CET for EUNE.
Downtime is set to last about three hours, so you’ll be able to play patch 9.2 tomorrow, January 24.
Stay up to date: Check out the League of Legends patch 9.3 notes
LEague of legends patch 9.2 balance changes
- Base MR: 36.1
- MR Per Level: 0.5
- Base Mana: 280
- Mana Per Level: 50
- Base AD: 55.04
- AD Per Level: 3
- Base Armor: 32
- Armor Per Level: 3
- Base HP: 585
- HP Per Level: 85
- Base HP Regen: 1.9
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.2
- Base Move Speed: 340
- Attack Speed Per Level: 3.5
- Auto Attack Range: 175
Here are Sylas’ abilities:
- Petricite Burst (P):
- 16/15/14/13/12 second Cooldown
- “After casting a spell, Sylas’s next basic attack whirls his energized chains around him, dealing [100% Total AD] (+5/8/10/13/15/18/20/23/25/28/30/33/35/38/40/43/45/48) (+20% AP) magic damage to enemies hit.”
- Chain Lash (Q):
- 50/55/60/65/70 Mana
- 9/8/7/6/5 second Cooldown
- “Sylas lashes his chains out in an X-shaped area, intersecting at his targeted location dealing 45/70/95/120/145 (+60% AP) magic damage to and slowing enemies by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2 seconds. After .5 seconds, magical energy explodes from the intersection point dealing 45/70/95/120/145 (+60% AP) and increasing the slow by 50%. The explosion deals 55% damage to minions.”
- Kingslayer (W):
- 50/55/60/65/70 Mana
- 14/13.5/13/12.5/12 second Cooldown
- “Sylas lunges at an enemy with magical force dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+55% AP) magic damage, increased to 90/135/180/225/270 (+83% AP) if the enemy is below 40% health. Damaging enemy champions heals Sylas for 50/85/120/155/190 (+35% AP), increased to 100/200/300/400/500 (+80% AP) if Sylas is below 40% health.”
- Abscond/Abduct (E):
- 55/60/65/70/75 Mana
- 12/11.5/11/105/10 second Cooldown
- “Sylas dashes to a location, Shielding himself for 60/90/120/150/180 (+90% AP) for 2 seconds.
- Recast: Sylas throws out his chain in a direction, pulling himself to the first enemy hit dealing 50/65/80/95/110 (+20% AP) magic damage and knocking them up for .5 seconds.”
- Hijack (R):
- 75 Mana
- 85/50/15 second Cooldown
- “Sylas hijacks a targeted enemy, allowing him to cast their ultimate ability as they would cast it, based on his Ultimate level and using his stats.
- Hijacking an enemy places a cooldown on them for 200% (modified by Sylas’ Cooldown Reduction, minimum 20 seconds) of the enemy’s ultimate’s cooldown, during which time Sylas cannot hijack them again.
- Sylas converts non-hybrid AD ratios into AP ratios, granting him 0.5 AP: 1 Bonus AD and 0.7 AP: 1 Total AD respectively.”
Aatrox – nerfed
- The Darkin Blade (Q):
- First swing AD ratio decreased to 55/60/65/70/75% from 64/68/72/76/80%.
- Umbral Dash (E):
- Recharge time increased to 26/22/18/14/10 seconds from 24/20/16/12/8.
Aurelion Sol – changed
- Starsurge (Q):
- Recast minimum time decreased to 0.25 seconds from 0.65 seconds.
- Q now obeys minimap targeting.
- New: Stun duration now scales on disk size.
- Minimum duration :0.55/0.6/0.65/0.7/0.75 seconds.
- Maximum duration: 1.65/1.8/1.95/2.1/2.25 seconds
Brand – changed
- Blaze (P):
- DoT decreased to 3% max HP over 4 seconds from 4% max HP over 4 seconds.
Cassiopeia – nerfed
- Miasma (W):
- Cooldown increased to 18/17.5/17/16.5/16 seconds from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.
- Damage per second decreased to 20/30/40/50/60 from 30/35/50/65/80.
- Max damage decreased to 100/150/200/250/300 from 100/175/250/325/400.
Galio – nerfed
- Winds of War (Q):
- Gust damage decreased to 70/105/140/175/210 from 70/110/150/190/230.
- Windblast AP ratio decreased to 75% from 90%.
- Tornado AP ratio decreased to 2% from 4%.
- Mana cost increased to 80/90/100/110/120 from 70/75/80/85/90.
- Justice Punch (E):
- Damage decreased to 80/115/150/185/220 from 100/130/160/190/220.
Irelia – changed
- Ionian Fervor (P):
- No longer deals bonus damage to shields at max stacks
- Bladesurge (Q):
- Minion damage changed to [deals 45/60/75/90/105 bonus damage to minions] from [deals double damage to minions].
- Vanguard’s Edge (R):
- No longer disarms enemies passing through the wall.
- Wall damage increased to 125/200/275 from 75/125/175.
- Slow potency increased to 90% from 60%.
- Wall duration decreased to 2.5 seconds at all ranks from 2.5/3/3.5 seconds.
Jarvan IV – buffed
- Demacian Standard (E):
- Passive and Flag Aura attack speed increased to 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% from 15/17.5/20/22.5/25%.
Jax – nerfed
- Base AD decreased to 68 from 69.67
- Leap Strike (Q):
- Damage decreased to 65/105/145/185/225 from 80/120/160/200/240
Kassadin – nerfed
- Base armor decreased to 19 from 23.4
- Armor per level decreased to 2.8 from 3.2
Kayn – changed
- The Darkin Scythe (P):
- Darkin and Shadow Assassin now share unlock progress, with the transformation form unlocking based on the champion type that Kayn dealt more damage to. Transformation threshold changed to 500 points from 400 points per champion type.
- Shadow Step (E):
- Kayn can now recall before Shadow Step expires as long as he isn’t still in terrain.
- Umbral Trespass (R):
- Exit dash range increased to 300-500 units from 300 units.
Neeko – changed
- Shapesplitter (W):
- Clone duration increased to 3 seconds from 2 seconds.
- Bonus movement speed duration increased to 3 seconds from 2 seconds.
- Pop Blossom (R):
- Leap duration decreased to 0.6 seconds from 0.75 seconds.
- New: Nearby champion leap damage now has a 40% AP ratio.
Ornn – changed
- Base HP increased to 590 from 565.64
Base Armor increased to 36 from 33.04
- Bellows Breath (W):
- Cooldown increased to 14 seconds from 12.
Rakan – changed
- Grand Entrance (W):
- Dash speed changed to 1400 + Movespeed from boots from 2050 + 30% of current movespeed.
- Delay on arrival before impact decreased to 0.35 seconds from 0.5 seconds.
Shyvana – buffed
- Fury of the Dragonborn (P):
- Bonus physical and magic damage against dragons increased to 20% from 10%. Also applies to Vilemaw on Twisted Treeline and Rift Herald, Nexus on Nexus Blitz.
- Flame Breath (E):
- Basic attack damage increased to 3.25% of target’s max health from 2.5%.
Tahm Kench – nerfed
- Abyssal Voyage (R):
- Allies in combat with enemy champions can no longer jump into Abyssal Voyage.
Urgot – nerfed
- Base armor decreased to 36 from 39
- Corrosive Charge (Q):
- Mana cost increased to 60 from 50.
- Purge (W):
- Cooldown increased to 17/15/13/11/9 seconds from 13/12/11/10/9 seconds.
Volibear – buffed
- Majestic Roar (E):
- Bonus damage vs dashing/airborne targets changed to 8% of target’s max health from 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.3 AP).
- Thunder Claws (R):
- Delay before initial bolt on cast changed to 0.25s-0.1s delay between each bounce to 0.075s-0s delay.
- AP ratio increased to 40% from 30%.
Yorick – changed
- Shepherd of Souls (R):
- Ghouls no longer deal reduced damage when they are far away from Yorick.
- Deaths required for a grave decreased to 10/6/2/ from 12/8/4 (to 2 from 4 in ARAM).
- Gold given by Mist Walkers decreased to 2 from 5.
- Eulogy of the Isles (R):
- Maiden’s health changed to 300/1000/3000 +70% Yorick’s health from 700/1500/4000 +30% Yorick’s health.
- Maiden bonus attack damage increased to 10/20/40 from 0/20/40.
- New: Yorick can set the Maiden loose by reactiviating the ability.
Zyra – nerfed
- Mana regen decreased to 2.6 from 3.067.
Morellonomicon – nerfed
- Decreased to 70 from 80
Oblivion Orb – nerfed
- decreased to 20 from 25
Sunfire Cape – buffed
- Decreased to 2650 from 2900
- Combine cost decreased to 650 from 800.
Skirmisher’s Sabre – nerfed
- Challenging Smite:
- No longer grants vision for the mark duration
Overheal – changed
- Shield is now built up from 40-100% of excess self-healing from yourself or any ally.
Legend: Bloodline – changed
- Decreased to 0.7% from 0.8%.
- Max stacks:
- Increased to 20 from 10.
Cut Down – changed
- Effect changed:
- Deal 4% to 10% more damage to champions, based on how much more max health they have than you. Bonus damage scales up linearly against enemies with 10% to 100% more max health than you
Absolute Focus – nerfed
- Bonus AD decreased to 18 from 24
- Bonus AP decreased to 30 from 40
Ignite – changed
- Decreased to 70-410 (40+20 per level)
- Decreased to 180 seconds from 210 seconds.
The scaling of the Hand of Baron Buff will now occur over time, with increments every second. Attack damage will scale from 12-48 between 20-40 minutes, AP will scale from 20-80, and minion damage reduction vs champions will scale from 50% to 70%.
Inhibitor & Nexus Turrets
Armor and MR increased to 70 at all times from 55-70 at 31-45 minutes.
Small camp experience now scales every second level instead of every level in, and scaling has been decreased to 25% from 50%. Buff camp scaling has been decreased to 25% from 57%. The Rift Scuttler gold reward has been decreased to 70-126 from 70-140, and XP reward to 115-207 from 115-230.
Lunar wraith sylas
Here’s his splash:
Coin Emperor Kench
Here’s his splash:
Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
Here’s her splash:
League of legends patch 9.2 login screen
Every League of Legends patch comes with its own custom login screen. They’re all fairly excellent, and patch 9.2’s is no exception – this time around, the focus is on the 2019 Lunar Revel.
And you get an extra login screen for your money this time around! Irelia, Karma, Warwick, Blitzcrank, and Yasuo feature in the new screen, which celebrates the beginning of the new ranked season:
That’s everything heading to League of Legends in patch 9.2. As ever, this is all just PBE content at this point, and all of it’s subject to change. Make sure to join us again for League of Legends patch 9.3 very soon.