League of Legends patch 9.9 is now available on the PBE. Changes are pretty small at this point in the cycle, but that’s to be expected – the Mid-Season Invitation, one of League of Legends’ biggest international tournaments, takes place next month, so Riot’s probably not keen to change the game too much.
That said, there are a few changes that could prove impactful. Rakan and Kennen have both seen plenty of professional play in their time, and both are in line for a few significant tweaks. The Heart of the Tempest sees his stat changes move onto his ultimate, making his Lightning Rush a little more risky. Everyone’s favourite lovebird is getting his ultimate changed, making The Quickness just that little bit quicker.
Elsewhere, we’ve seen many of these changes before. Teemo and Blitzcrank are back for further testing after patch 9.8, but the Great Steam Golem’s changes should ship this patch. Teemo fans (shame on you) are probably going to have to wait for his changes to ship, although it’s looking like they’ll be worth the wait.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.9 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
We don’t have an exact release date for League of Legends patch 9.9 just yet, but updates tend to release on a bi-weekly schedule. With that in mind, expect the new patch to arrive on Wednesday, May 1.
League of Legends patch 9.9 balance changes
Aatrox – changed
- HP per level increased to 90 from 80.
- Armor per level increased to 4 from 3.25.
- Movement speed decreased to 335 from 345.
- HP5 decreased to 5 from 8.
- Deathbringer Stance (P):
- No longer reduces healing and shileding on champions.
- Now heals Aatrox for the bonus damage dealt.
- Bonus damage decreased to 5-10% from 8-16%.
- Cooldown decreased to 15 seconds from 25 seconds.
- Cooldown reducing effect changed to “2 seconds per damaging attack or spell on enemy champions + 2 on sweetspot hit” from “2 seconds per spellcast + 2 for hitting champions with sweetspots.”
- Maximum bonus damage against monsters decreased to 100 from 400.
- The Darkin Blade (Q):
- Damage increased to 10/30/50/70/90 from 10/25/40/55/70.
- Cooldown changed to 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
- Cooldown start time changed to [after Q cast sequence ends] from [on Q1 cast].
- Max time between casts decreased to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Infernal Chains (W):
- Slow increased to 35% from 15/20/25/30/35%.
- Cooldown increased to 26/23/20/17/14 seconds from 22/20/18/16/14 seconds.
- Umbral Dash (E):
- Passive healing increased to 20/25/30/35/40% from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%.
- No longer grants AD for 1.5 seconds.
- Passive healing source changed to “non-periodic champion damage” from “physical champion damage.”
- Cooldown decreased to 8/7/6/5/4 seconds from 9/8/7/6/5 seconds.
- World Ender (R):
- Aatrox now only revives if he gets a takedown during World Ender.
- Aatrox gains 60/80/100% movement speed decaying over World Ender’s duration.
- Aatrox receives 50/75/100% increased healing during World Ender.
- On takedown, extend World Ender by 5 seconds, refresh the movement speed, and revive upon taking lethal damage.
- Cooldown decreased to 140/120/100 seconds from 160/140/120 seconds.
- Increased total attack damage increased to 25/30/35% from 20/25/30%.
- Cast time decreased to 0.25 seconds from 0.5 seconds.
- Revive self-slow increased to 99% from 25%.
- Revive heal changed to 50% max HP from 10-50% max HP.
- No longer fears allied minions.
- No longer includes blood well.
Akali – nerfed
- Twilight Shroud (W):
- Extended duration decreased to 7/7.5/8/8.5/9 seconds from 8/8.5/9/9.5/10 seconds
- Cooldown increased to 25/22/19/16/13 seconds from 21/19/17/15/13 seconds.
Blitzcrank – changed
- Mana Barrier (P):
- Shield Strength changed to 30% of max mana from 50% of current mana.
- Static Field (R):
- New passive: Lightning charges Blitzcrank’s attacks, dealing an extra 100/150/200 (+20% AP) + 3% of his maximum Mana magic damage.
Darius – buffed
- Decimate (Q):
- Blade damage increased to 50/80/110/140/170 from 40/70/100/130/160.
- Heal increased to 15/30/45% missing health from 12/24/35%.
Ekko – buffed
- Base AD increased to 58 from 55.
- Phase Dive (E):
- Mana cost decreased to 40/45/50/55/60 from 40/50/60/70/80.
Hecarim – nerfed
- Rampage (Q):
- Damage boost when Rampage damages a champion decreased to 5% from 10%.
- Devastating Charge (E):
- Minimum damage decreased to 45/75/105/135/165 from 45/80/115/150/185.
- Maximum damage decreased to 90/150/210/270/330 from 90/160/230/300/370.
Jarvan IV – nerfed
- Base HP decreased to 570 from 571.2.
- Mana decreased to 300 from 302.2.
- Mana regen decreased to 1.3 from 1.3512.
- Golden Aegis (W):
- Bonus shield changed to 1.5% of J4’s max health per nearby enemy champion from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% of J4’s max health per nearby enemy champion.
- Demacian Standard (E):
- Cooldown increased to 12 seconds from 11 seconds.
Kennen – changed
- Lightning Rush (E):
- No longer grants armor and magic resist.
- Slicing Maelstron (R):
- Now grants 20/40/60 armor and magic resist.
Lissandra – buffed
- Ring of Frost (W):
- Damage increased to 70/105/140/175/210 from 70/100/130/160/190.
- AP ratio increased to 50% from 30%.
Maokai – buffed
- Bramble Smash (Q):
- Damage increased to 70/115/160/205/250 from 65/105/145/185/225.
Morgana – nerfed
- Black Shield (E):
- Shield strength decreased to 60/120/180/240/300 from 70/140/210/280/250.
- Cooldown increased to 26/24/22/20/18 seconds from 23/21/19/17/15 seconds.
Rakan – changed
- Base AD increased to 62 from 58.
- Grand Entrance (W):
- Dash speed increased to 1850 from 1500.
- The Quickness (R):
- Charm duration increased to 1.5/1.75/2 seconds from 1/1.25/1.5 seconds.
- Movement speed during ultimate increased to 100% from 50%.
- Bonus movespeed from hitting a champion increased to 200% from 150%.
- Movement speed duration decreased to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
- Rakan can no longer use his W or his E during his ultimate.
- Now has a 0.5 second cast time where he can still move, but can no longer use his W or Flash.
- Hitting multiple champions will now refresh the movement speed boost, but not the duration of the boost.
Rek’Sai – nerfed
- Base AD decreased to 64 from 65.5.
- AD per level decreased to 3 from 3.35.
- Prey Seeker (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds from 11/10/9/8/7 seconds.
- Furious Bite (E):
- Damage decreased t 50/60/70/80/90 from 55/65/75/85/95.
Shen – buffed
- Attack speed per level increased to 3 from 2.
- Shadow Dash (E):
- Bonus health as damage increased to 15% from 12%.
Sylas – buffed
- Kingslayer (W):
- Base damage increased to 60/90/120/150/180 from 50/75/100/125/150.
Soraka – changed
- Starcall (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 8/7/6/5/4 seconds from 5 seconds at all ranks.
- Rejuvenation self-heal changed to 60/80/100/120/140 (+50% AP) over 5 seconds from 56/64/72/80/88 (40% AP) over 4 seconds.
- Rejuvenation ally heal changed to 60/80/100/120/140 (+50% AP) over 5 seconds from 42/56/72/90/110 (+30/35/40/45/60% AP).
- Damage changed to 60/95/130/165/200 + 35% aP from 70/110/150/190/230 + 35% AP.
- Rejuvenation Haste changed to 14/18/22/26/30%, decaying from 10% moving away from enemy champions.
- Equinox (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 20/19/18/17/16 seconds from 24/22/20/18/16 seconds.
- Mana cost increased to 70/75/80/85/90 from 70 at all ranks.
- Damage decreased to 70/95/120/145/180 + 40% AP from 70/110/150/190/230 +40% AP.
Tahm Kench – changed
- Health increased to 600 from 540.
- Health growth decreased to 11 from 102.
- Movement speed increased to 345 from 335.
- An Acquired Taste (P):
- Bonus damage changed to 1.25/1.5/1.75% of max health at level 1/7/13 to 1.5% at all levels.
- Tongue Lash (Q):
- Slow duration increased to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown changed to 8/7/6/5/4 seconds from 5 seconds at all ranks.
- Missile range increased to 850 units from 800.
- Slow changed to 50/55/60/65/70% from 30/40/50/60/70%.
- Devour (W):
- Tahm Kench is now slowed by 95% and grounded when he devours an enemy champion when devouring an allied champion.
- Mana cost increased to 100 from 60.
- Now refunds 50% of its mana cost on devouring an enemy.
- Base minion spit damage decreased to 100/135/170/205/240 from 100/150/200/250/300.
- Devour damage changed to 100/135/170/205/240 + 5/7/9/11/13% max HP from 20/24/28/32/36 max HP damage.
- Cooldown changed to 20 seconds at all ranks from 28/25/22/19/16 seconds.
- Thick Skin (E):
- Percent of grey health converted into healing increased to 15/20/25/30/35% from 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Damage converted into grey health increased to 80/85/90/95/100% from 70/75/80/85/90%.
- Mana cost decreased to 50 from 0.
- Abyssal Voyage (R):
- Range changed to 2500/5500/8500 from 4500/5500/6500.
- Cooldown increased to 140/130/120 seconds from 120/110/100 seconds.
Teemo – changed
- Base mana regen increased to 2.5 from 1.92.
- Mana regen per level increased to 0.15 from 0.09.
- Mana per level up increased to 25 from 20.
- Base damage decreased to 51 from 54.
- Attack speed per level decreased to 2 from 3.38.
- Toxic Shot (P):
- Teemo’s basic attacks now deal 8-50 bonus magic damage and leave a poison DoT that deals 24-180 magic damage over 4 seconds.
- Toxic Shot damage (both the on-hit and DoT) is amped by 50% whenever there are other Poison debuffs on the target.
- Blinding Dart (Q):
- Base damage decreased to 70/105/140/175/210 from 80/125/170/215/260.
- Mana cost increased to 80/85/90/95/100 from 70/75/80/75/90.
- AP ration decreased to 0.6 from 0.8.
- Is now a Poison debuff.
- Move Quick (W):
- No longer breaks stealth.
- Guerilla Warfare (E):
- Cooldown: 40/37/34/31/28 seconds.
- After a 2 second delay, Teemo becomes Invisible indefinitely if standing still or in brush, and can move up to 5/6/7/8/9 Teemos while out of brush, but any non-periodic damage from champions will break him out. Teemo can see 25% farther while stealthed. Upon breaking Guerilla Warfare, Teemo gains e20/30/40/50/60% Attack Speed for 3 seconds. While on cooldown, standing in brush will tick down guerilla Warfare’s cooldown faster.
- Stealth duration while moving: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
- Noxious Trap (R):
- Base damage decreased to 150/250/350 from 200/325/450.
- AP ratio decreased to 0.4 from 0.5.
- Mushroom max ammo count increased to 3/4/5 from 3 at all ranks.
- Traps now become invisible after 1 second.
Volibear – buffed
- Frenzy (W):
- Bonus attack speed per stack increased to 9/13/17/21/25% from 4/8/12/16/20%.
Manamune – buffed
- AD increased to 35 from 25.
- This change also applies to Muramana.
Cheap Shot – buffed
- Bonus true damage increased to 10-45 from 8-40.
Ghost Poro – buffed
- No grants adaptive bonus whenever Ghost Poro spots an enemy champion.
Ultimate Hunter – buffed
- Cooldown reduction per stack increased to 4% from 3%.
Relentless Hunter – buffed
- Movement speed per stack increased to 9 from 8.
- Movement speed per stack increased to 10 from 8.
Celerity – changed
- “All movement speed bonuses are 7% more effective on you have you have 1% additional movement speed.”
Scorch – buffed
- Bonus magic damage increased to 15-25 from 10-30.
Bone Plating – buffed
- Reduced damage increased to 30-60 from 25-50.
Conditioning – buffed
- Armor and MR increased to 9 from 8.
Magical Footwear – changed
- Free boots time increased to 12 minutes from 10.
- Takedown timer reduction increased to 45 seconds from 30 seconds.
Here’s his splash:
League of Legends patch 9.9 Login screen
Every League of Legends patch has its own login screen. They’re always fairly excellent, and patch 9.9’s is no exception. It’s based on MSI 2019.
That’s everything we’ve got for you in League of Legends patch 9.9. You can stay up to date with the League of Legends patch 9.8 notes, and make sure to join us again for patch 9.10 in the very near future.