Those of you waiting for the pre-release of The Redstone Update, which Mojang had initially scheduled for January of this year, will just have to wait a little longer. Instead, Mojang have taken the unusual move of releasing a third snapshot for Minecraft in just one week, with the snappily-named Minecraft Snapshot 13w09c addressing even more bugs.
“The pre-release has been postponed until we don’t discover any new crash bugs and/or redstone bugs,” said a post on the Mojang blog. Hopefully that won’t be much longer, as the team are keeping a close eye on the Minecraft bug tracker and, with each of these new snapshots, are squashing scores more.
Click through to see a full list of what has been addressed this time around.
If you want to download this latest snapshot and give it a try yourself, be sure to read our guide to installing development snapshots and save yourself up to 80% of the hassle, guaranteed.* Don’t forget that we also have a roundup of everything we know about Minecraft 1.5, the Redstone Update. That should tide you over until the real deal comes our way.
The following bugs are no more:
- Teleport Bug when you sit in Minecart/Boat/on a pig.
- Minecarts going in a circle will make any minecart close to them go super fast.
- Fire extinguish sound does not work in survival.
- Redstone and components stay powered after unloading chunks.
- Breaking doors moves the other part of the door sometimes.
- Swords do not lose durability when used on the Ender Dragon.
- Creative Menu potion values are not the same as when they’re brewed.
- Brewing stand comparator output is inconsistent.
- Non-standard resolutions (and small standard resolutions) are not detected properly.
- Nether cave/tunnel generator produces incorrect/cut tunnels.
- Missing quartz, hopper, and comparator textures.
- Quartz slabs and double slabs using wrong texture.
- Inconsistent distribution system (based on hopper, hopper bug) using rails and minecart-chest over hoppers.
- Powered mechanisms react when receiving a 0 tick redstone signal.
- Comparator use off state texture / do not emit any light when powered.
- Minecarts with Hoppers duplicating items when multiple carts are in the same space.
- Hitting mobs with a sharpness I wooden sword and weakness III crashes the game.
- Powering 2 pistons extends the wrong piston.
- Mobs with the old AI have inverted head movement (What the heck?).
- Rows of vertical down piston extenders have a >50% failure rate.
- Minecraft crashes when a saddled pig you ride dies or when changing between rideable entities.
- Animations for items and blocks do not work properly.
- Unable to craft with blocks which have a damage value greater than 0.
- Invisible entities infinite spawn loop (client side) using minecart spawners causing severe performance issues.
- Crash when “near crops.”
- View Upside Down with Speed 5 and FOV Quake Pro.
- Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem: Ticking player.
- The same redstone line has two different redstone levels.
- Internal error when using /effect with an id >31.
*How nice of you to check whether I really put a footnote here.