Tuesday’s Minecraft snapshot, which was really little more than an update to let you ride things that ride other things, has been tidied up with a new release today. A bunch of bugs have been kicked out the door and Mojang say that they hope to pre-release the Minecraft Redstone Update tomorrow, ahead of a full release next week. Exciting stuff? Just a little.
If you tried Snapshot 13w09a then it’s worth grabbing this update to iron out any problems you may have had. You can download it from Mojang’s site here and don’t forget that we have a guide for players who are trying out a development snapshot for the first time. It’s not very difficult, so don’t be scared. We also have a guide that covers everything we know about Minecraft 1.5, the Redstone Update, which tells you both what you can and can’t expect to see in the new version.
Here’s a list of problems that will no longer plague you, all taken from Mojang’s bug collection:
- Entry entity.WitherBoss.name is missing – German translation is “Withern.”
- Self-Powered Redstone Lamp / Breaking a repeater with a piston pointing at a block won’t stop the circuit.
- Potatoes are not affected by the Fortune enchantment.
- Items with NBT data do not stack correctly due to serialization.
- Cannot drop items in Creative Mode.
- Texturepacks no longer work.
- Rail duplication glitch.
- World crashes after a few seconds.
- Blocks keep the redstone state when breaking a comparator that powers that block.
- Pistons can’t destroy comparators.
- Crash with 512x texture pack.
- Fortune doesn’t affect the drop rate of apples and saplings.
- “Pick Block” on certain items then switching to survival creates infinite or ghost items.
- When removing “Ghost Items” from the inventory, the number may be negative or zero.
- /clear with command blocks not working with armor that has been worn with custom damage values.
- Minecraft crashes when a saddled pig you ride dies or when changing between rideable entities.
- Pressing Single or Multiplayer button crashes the game.
- Mining Fatigue broken.
- Added an /effect command.