Today, the furnaces of Minecraft burn brighter and longer than ever before. New solid coal blocks can be carved from the landscape and popped straight into the fire, and Minecraft Redditors have already asked how much iron would a coal block smelt if a coal block could smelt iron (71 ingots, apparently). But it’s not all fun and fossil fuels.
Dogs, you’ll be relieved to hear, will now eventually stop growling after being punched by another player. And for the game’s recently patched-in nags, Mojang have introduced crafting recipes for hay bales, as well as horse armour – not as paid DLC, but as loot in dungeons.
It was actually the 13w18a snapshot that Mojang rolled out yesterday, but a flurry of bug fixes since mean we’re already two rooms down the hall in 18c. Thanks to those updates, coal blocks will burn away as intended, and skins will no longer “mess up” – no doubt a relief to any skin-wearers out there.
Here’s everything added and removed from the snapshot version of the game over the past 24 hours:
- Added a coal block.
- Start of a new texture loading system. May blow up.
- Added crafting recipes for leads and hay bales.
- Added horse armour to dungeons.
- Green arrow bug on maps in frames
- Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space
- Dogs won’t stop snarling after punched by someone else
- Despawning cured zombie
- Lava decay fails to schedule block update
- Blocks stop updating one minute after entering the Nether or the End
- You can pick up command blocks with any pickaxe
- Can’t place carpet on translucent blocks
Fixed in 13w18b
- Item count / numbers randomly flickering in item bar, inventory, workbench
- Cannot use resolution clock and compass textures with resolutions higher than 16×16
- Animations are not working
- fps drop due to new texture system while looking at horses
- Crash on world load
- Texturepack descriptions do not load
- Riding horses into obstacles crashes the game
- 13w18a crash using workbench
Fixed in 13w18c
- Enchanted Books dont show what tab is it
- Wrong particle texture when changing texture packs ingame
- Skins messing up
- Breaking Item Frames causes a null pointer exception and crash.
- Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
- Coal blocks do not burn away
- Coal Blocks and Note Blocks
- Game crashes on startup
Mojang are still working on the new launcher first snapshotted two weeks ago. How are you finding it?