Rather than simply start developing a new Oddworld game on a whim,through the time-tested medium of a poll, developer Oddworld Inhabitants has put it to the internet to decide their next project .
The options include some delectable sounding titles, like The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot and Oddworld: Squeek’s Oddysee. The deserving winner, though, that I’ve saved for after the break.
ODDWORLD: STRANGER’S WRATH 2!!!
You know deep down in your heart that it’s the deserving winner. Sure,Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus HD may sound exciting, certainly enough to be currently leading with 25% ofthe vote, but be warned it is merely a Siren drawing you onto the rocks of disappointment. Stranger’s Wrath combined a Wild West world populated by chicken run townships with a soot-spewing mega corporation that was just begging to be taken down by you, armed onlywith your wits and yourcrossbow that fired pissed off critters. Who doesn’t want to see that sequelified?
This is how the poll stands at the time of press:
- Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus HD(25%, 3,508 Votes)
- Something completely new on Oddworld(25%, 3,463 Votes)
- Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath 2(14%, 1,908 Votes)
- The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot(10%, 1,340 Votes)
- “Shut up and take my money!”(7%, 931 Votes)
- Oddworld: Squeek’s Oddysee(7%, 907 Votes)
- Oddworld: The Hand of Odd(5%, 666 Votes)
- Oddworld: Munch’s Exoddus(4%, 520 Votes)
- SligStorm(3%, 414 Votes)
- Something on mobile(0%, 222 Votes)
There’s no word on when the poll will close so you may want to hop in and cast your vote now.