Brigitte may have been a touch OP when she showed up this week on Overwatch’s PTR servers, particularly from the perspective of Tracer players, and Blizzard have toned down her abilities as a result.
Here's our complete rundown on Overwatch's newest hero, Brigitte Lindholm.
In her first nerf, which came days after she debuted on the test servers, Brigitte’s shield bash and rocket flail are getting adjustments. As a combo, the abilities could kill Tracer outright, without Tracer having a chance to escape or respond.
Blizzard haven’t changed Brigitte’s damage values, but rather have adjusted the timing for the shield bash, and added a delay after canceling a melee swing with Brigitte’s rocket flail. Her ultimate ability, Rally, also costs more.
Here are Blizzard's notes on the update:
- Added a small delay before her shield drops after a Shield Bash
- Added a vertical speed cap after Shield Bash
- Please note that we are still tuning this value
- Canceling a melee swing renders you unable to melee again until it would have completed had it not been canceled
- Ultimate cost increased by ~30%
- Decreased cooldown from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds
You can check out the full patch notes here.