Application deadline: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
PCGamesN are looking for a news writer for our weekend shift, which runs from 10am to 6pm (GMT) on Saturday and Sunday, though we can be flexible with these hours for the right candidate. You will be able to work remotely from wherever your PC is, in a regular freelance capacity.
With a talent for writing, you’ll be able to find the story in everything from a press release, to a livestream, to a Reddit thread. You will understand and be able to write lively copy about the latest triple-A games, long-standing favourites, niche PC gems, indies, and the business dealings, communities, and esports programmes behind it all. Ideally, you will have experience in writing news.
Reporting to the news editor and deputy editor, you’ll receive regular feedback to help you improve, and plenty of support to get you up to speed.
- Writing day-to-day news about games new and old
- Researching angles and avenues for the above
- Talking to developers, publishers, and PRs for comment
- On occasion, writing larger articles about specific topics
- CMS work, transcription, and other odd-jobs as required
Required skills and experience
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly, and to task across a range of disciplines
- A keen interest in videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Experience writing news or features regularly, preferably online
- Proficiency with gdocs, email, and other work tools
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- A Steam account
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge of and interest in Blizzard games
- Knowledge of and interest in esports, particularly CS:GO, Overwatch, League of Legends, and/or Dota 2
- Previous work at major magazines or websites, particularly covering news
- CMS experience
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.