Prism Studios has released their community-made, Portal Stories: Mel, on Steam today, and it’s free for everyone that owns Portal 2. The mod tells the story of Mel, who while inside the Aperture facility, discovered a new personality core that poses quite the threat.
With an estimated game length of 6-10 hours, you should probably give it a spin.
Here’s what you can expect if you take the plunge.
- 22 levels, with an estimated gameplay time of ~6-10 hours
- Custom Story with 350 separate in-game voicelines
- Over an hour of custom music with the Free soundtrack included
- Huge amount of custom assets
- 27 steam achievements
- Standalone mod (You do not need Portal 2 installed to play)
- Free to Play (You must own Portal 2)
- Logic based puzzles, not execution based puzzles
Remember, while you don’t need Portal 2 installed to play Portal Stories: Mel, you do need to own it in your library to make it work. You can grab the mod right here.