Flying Wild Hog’s bold reimagining of 3D Realms’ classic shooter, Shadow Warrior, has just received a new patch which supports the game for 64-bit systems, as well as adding new content. What’s more, is it also adds support to both Mac and Linux too.
Right off the bat you’ll need to know one thing: this new and improved version of the game won’t run for Windows XP users – sorry! You can still play the original game though by selecting the “Windows XP” option on the launcher.
For those who have access to a more recent OS, you’ll get to enjoy all the features listed in the patch notes below:
– Added Mac OS X and Linux support.
– Added additional bossfights with Zilla in chapters 13 and 16.
– Added ingame artbook.
– Added DirectX 11 based graphics.
– Added optimization for 32 & 64-bit build.
– Added optimization for SSAO.
– Added optimization for Mirror Effects.
– Fixed many gameplay bugs and minor level bugs.
– Fixed minor bugs for pad controls.
– Fixed minor localization bugs.
– Fixed rare crash when using alt-tab.
– Fixed rare Gozu crash.
– Fixed saving weapon fx’s when using non standard katana.
While your saves at the start of each level, and your upgrades/stats are maintained, your quicksaves and checkpoint saves will be lost with the new patch.
Is there a game you’d like to see get some 64-bit support?