You might have heard the brilliant news that Skyrim: Special Edition – the HD remaster of the RPG classic – is free for people who already own the game on Steam. What you might not have realised is that there are a couple of terms, and you need to have them fulfilled before October 28.
Check our list of the best Skyrim mods in preperation.
If you own Skyrim and all three DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn)before October 28 you will get a copy of the Special Edition in your library for free. So you’ll either need to own these DLC packs separately or you’ll need to own the Skyrim: Legendary Edition, which comes packaged with the expansions.
Fail to do that before October 28 and you won’t be getting your free copy.
Skyrim: Special Edition will be available for purchase at its global release time of 12am UTC on Friday, October 28.
Region-specific unlock times are:
- 5pm Pacific Time (October 27)
- 8pm Eastern Time (October 27)
- 1am British Summer Time (October 28)
- 2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)
- 11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)
- 1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)