Kicking off in Poland in just under a week, details have begun to emerge about StarCraft’s WCS Season 3 finals. The group stage will be held at the ESL studios in Katowice from September 8 to September 10, with the quarter, semi and grand finals following at Stara Zajezdnia in Kraków on September 12 and September 13.
The broadcast team has also been announced, and has at least one person with a nickname that makes them sound like a sexually transmitted disease. Bad case of Artosis you’ve got there, mate.
The group stages will be hosted by these men with these pretend names:
- Panel host: Shaun “Apollo” Clark
- Panel guest: Geoff “Incontrol” Robinson
- Commentator: James “Kaelaris” Carrol
- Commentator: Yoan “ToD” Merlo
- Commentator: Kevin “Rotterdam” Van der Kooi
- Commentator: Nathan “Nathanias” Fabrikant
- Commentator: Jared “PiG” Krensel
Like my terrible PSN ID, I have to wonder if these names are a result of “this name is already taken” messages popping up to the point of very nearly headbutting your display. I hope so.
Anyway, if that wasn’t enough for you, these men with these names will host the semi, quarter and grand finals:
- Stage host: William “Chobra” Cho
- Commentator: Nick “Tasteless” Plott
- Commentator: Dan “Artosis” Stemkoski
As for the schedule, you can catch the group stages on September 8 at 18:00 CEST, September 9 at 18:00 CEST and September 10 at 16:00 CEST. The quarters will be held on September 12 at 15:00 CEST. And finally, the semi and grand finals will be held from 15:00 CEST on September 13.
You can watch all the action at those times at this link.