SWTOR’s 1.4 update is upon us. It brings new adventures, equipment, mood options, combat changes, crowd control updates, helpful tweaks, and general bigness.
Cuttings from the full patch notes are below.
Loading up the client should start an automatic download. Whilst that’s going on you should probably fill your time reading through the selected cuttings below:
- Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is now available! Travel to the remote planet of Asation, where the Dread Masters have commandeered an ancient Gree Hypergate in order to unleash untold horrors upon the galaxy. Terror from Beyond features 5 powerful new boss encounters that can be challenged in 8- and 16- player Story or Hard Mode, offering some of the most challenging group content yet!
- A new set of PvE gear is available! Dread Guard gear is now the most powerful PvE equipment in the galaxy. It can be acquired from deep within Terror from Beyond (Hard Mode).
- Significant changes have been made to crowd control to address the amount of control a player can be subject to at once. See the Classes and Combat section for details.
- Players participating in a Group Finder group now have the ability to teleport to the Group Finder instance at any point.
- Players who leave an active Group Finder instance can now be returned to the location they were in when they used the “travel now” dialog option to travel to the instance.
- Players performing certain emotes while riding the Jawa Balloon on Tatooine are no longer teleported back to the balloon’s start position.
- Players can now set their moods, altering their character’s facial expression. Moods can be found in the emote browser near the chat window.
For the full monty click here.