As League of Legends‘ autobattler, Teamfight Tactics, continues to grow in popularity, TFT patch 12.14 brings down the nerf hammer on AD champions, as well as finally taking enchanter behemoth Nami down a few pegs.
With Teamfight Tactics Set 7 Dragonlands in full swing, there are a whole slew of new features for players to get their heads around – and some adorable new Little Legends, of course (including Dragonmancer Yasuo).
TFT patch 12.14, however, is set to shake things up yet again, slashing AD scaling across all champions in an attempt to divert power back into character abilities and spells.
Riot says that the AD scaling nerf has had a big impact on Astral comps, and so to make up for that, it’s added a fun new buff to Astral 9 that “relies on the new James Webb images to discover more prizes from the stars.”
Aurelion Sol and Shyvana will also be going under the knife to change up their kits a little, and the omnipresent and ever-dominant Nami is taking a few much-needed nerfs to her healing abilities.
Looking for a rundown of everything we know about TFT Patch 12.14? You’re in luck; we’ve got all of the most up to date info right here.
TFT patch 12.14 slashes AD Scaling
In an attempt to rebalance Three Star AD champions to stop them overtaking the game, Riot have made some major adjustments to AD scaling.
AD Scaling has been dropped from 80% to 50% per Star Level, hitting a whole bunch of champions. While lead designer Mortdog hopes that players “might not even notice [the changes] if we’ve done our jobs right,” there’s a lot to take in.
The in-game meta will no doubt undergo some changes, but we’ll have to wait and see how this major update pans out.
Mortdog notes that Nami “has been a problem” throughout Set 7, and as a result the queen of the oceans has received some much-needed nerfs to her healing abilities.
Initially scaling 275 / 300 / 375, her healing has been cut down to 175 / 200 / 225, while her spell damage has received a slight buff. This represents a shift from the “healing-focused identity” Riot initially had in mind.
TFT patch 12.14 notes
Below are the current patch notes for TFT’s 12.14 update.
Here we’ve listed the major changes to champions, but for a full breakdown of everything included be sure to check out Riot Mortdog’s rundown video.
- Cavalier charging Armor & Magic Resist: 40/60/80/100 → 35/65/95/125
- Dragonmancer base Ability Power: 15/35/60 → 18/40/70
- Guild base Attack Damage bonus from Talon: 10 → 5
- Legend Ability Power consumed: 40% → 30%
- Mirage Executioner Critical Strike Heath percentage threshold: 25/50/75/100% → 50/65/80/100%
- Mirage Executioner Critical Strike Damage bonus: 35/40/45/50% → 20/30/40/50%
- Mirage Spellsword Ability Power per auto attack: 6/9/12/16 → 6/10/14/18
- Tempest percent max Health Damage: 10/20/30/45% → 5/20/35/50%
- Warrior empowered attack chance to Proc: 33% → 50%
- Warrior empowered attack bonus Attack Damage ratio: 120/220/420% → 80/175/325%
- Deathblade Attack Damage: 40/60/80 → 35/50/65
- Luminous Deathblade (Radiant) Attack Damage: 60/90/120 → 50/75/100
- Morellonomicon Ability Power: 30 → 50
- More More-ellonomicon (Radiant) Ability Power: 50 → 80
- Thief’s Gloves odds of getting better item combinations at Level 6 and higher have been increased
- Attack damage per star level: 80% → 50%
- 2-star attack damage: 180% → 150%
- 3-star attack damage: 325% → 225%
- Attack speed reduced from 0.75 to 0.7
- Mana buffed from 50/100 to 40/90
Mana buffed from 45/90 to 40/80
- Health increased from 900 to 1000
- Mana reduction reduced from 20 to 10
- Spell damage nerfed at one-star from 240/400/2500 to 210/400/2500
- Health increased from 900 to 1000
- Mana buffed from 40/90 to 0/60
- Spell damage buffed at one and two-star from 350/475/5000 to 400/700/5000
- Ascending time reduced from 20 to 15 seconds
- Bonus ascended damage reduced from 50 to 30 percent
- Spell healing nerfed at every star level from 275/300/325 to 175/200/225
- Spell damage buffed from 100/150/200 to 150/200/250
- Health reduced from 1200 to 1000
- Change to Shyvana’s spell has her deal flat magic damage instead of a percentage of health damage
- Shyvana is now immune to crowd control during her dive bomb
- Armor and magic reductions increased from 55 to 70
- New flat spell damage is 1200/1800/30000
- Mana nerfed from 50/100 to 30/100
- Spell damage nerfed at one and two-star from 425/650/9001 to 375/575/9001
- Daisy health buffed at two and three-star from 1600/2600/10000 to 1600/2800/25000
- Daisy slam nerfed at one and two-star from 750/1500/10000 to 500/1000/10000