A regressive bug involving Source’s in-built VPhysics engine has lately meant that some items in Team Fortress 2 would travel farther than expected. Thanks to yesterday’s update, however, objects can now be trusted precisely as far as you can throw them.
The patch, which will be applied automatically the next time you start up TF2, is also responsible for upping the performance and stability of the game’s hot, young Linux version, and for implementing a couple of fixes to the ‘material system’, which I think means ‘textures’ – one that caused a client crash, and another that saw Diamond/Carbonado Botkiller weapons applying the wrong team materials to player arms.
See the whole changelog below:
- Added “Only allow map files” to the possible selections in the download filter option for clients
- Fixed a client crash related to the material system
- Fixed Diamond/Carbonado Botkiller weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms
- Fixed a vphysics regression where some items would travel farther than they should
- Improved performance and stability for the Linux version
- Removed range restrictions from viewmodel_fov_demo
- Updated the Ap-Sap so it can be gift-wrapped and have custom names/descriptions applied to it
TF2 Subredditors also reckon they’ve caught wind of an incoming MvM update, heralded by assets for a robo_crate. Do you think they’re onto something?