Cities: Skylines is great and all, but I like my management sims with a slice of banana (republic). As he does in the propaganda speeches which return to Tropico 6, El Presidente comes to save the day in a new trailer, featuring debut gameplay footage.
Step into someone else’s shoes in the best PC simulation games.
The trailer boasts a rousing samba soundtrack and some very pretty in-engine views of Caribbean islands crying out for your mismanagement. Get a look at the first gameplay footage of Tropico 6’s new features:
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series, managing multiple islands and the challenges this brings.
- New infrastructure options – build bridges, construct tunnels, and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses, and aerial cable cars.
- Send agents on raids to steal world wonders and monuments from abroad – relocate the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, and others to your island.
- Customise the look of your palace.
- Revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches return – address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Co-op and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
Tropico 6 is due for release next year. For more details and screens, check out its Steam page.