Elysium, one of the groups running World of Warcraft nostalgia servers, are getting ready to launch a fresh realm: Nighthaven PvP. The new server will start life as WoW 1.2 and will progress towards the current version of WoW at an accelerated rate. The team haven’t yet published the timeline for these updates but promise that one is coming soon.
As well as releasing Blizzard’s patches to the game, Elysium will be adding in the expansions as and when they would have inline with the patches. So players can expext The Burning Crusade to be added into the mix at some point in the next 12 months.
According to the announcement post, here’s what players can expect:
- As mentioned above, the initial version will be 1.2 with all that entails.
- The raids available at launch will be Molten Core and Onyxia's lair.
- All characters from the Nighthaven PvP will continue to play on Elysium's TBC realm!
- Battlegrounds will not be available at launch due to patch progress. Until patch 1.5, there were no Battlegrounds available on retail, so players will able to experience World PvP stage of the game in its full glory.
- Honor System will be disabled before 1.4
The server is due to launch this Sunday, November 5th, after Blizzcon wraps up.
Separately, the team is also merging its Elysium, Anathema, and Darrowshire servers into a single realm called Strathome PvP. Characters on those servers will see their progression carried over into the merged realm.