The UK All Formats sales chart has materialised, as it does this time every week. FIFA has settled in at the front, and Pokemon dominates the top ten. And although PCGamesN favourite Dishonored skulks proudly in second place, XCOM: Enemy Unknown sweats behind cover at #7.
An altogether disappointing result for developers Firaxis. But not so on Steam, where XCOM pins down the competition from its vantage point at the very peak of the Top Sellers list.
What does this mean? Well, it means that the bulk of XCOM’s fanbase is located precisely where its legacy is: on PC.
See the whole UKIE chart below for the week ending October 13th, courtesy of MCV.
1. FIFA 13 (EA)
2. Dishonored (Bethesda)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (Nintendo)
4. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
5. Pokemon White 2 (Nintendo)
6. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
7. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games)
8. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
9. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
11. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
12. PES 2013 (Konami)
13. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
14. Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
15. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
16. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
18. NBA 2K13 (2K Games)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
20. Dead Island GOTY (Koch)
Did you buy XCOM this weekend?