Bioshock Infinite largely dropped out of the press, going quiet after it announced it was being delayed from an October release to February next year. All we've heard of the game for the past six weeks has been the numerous top tier team members who have left Irrational to work elsewhere: the director of product development, art director, AI lead, and combat design director all moved on.
It's immensely comforting to see this new trailer, just to have something to combat all those worrying stories.
Check it out below.
This video came to us after escaping the dystopian metropolis that is Machinima's Youtube channel:
That's not the only news to reach us from Irrational's mansion. Playing loudly over a gramophone from Old Man Levine's window was the news of the Songbird Collector's Edition of the game. It comes with this figurine, designed by Irrational artist Robb Waters:
It also comes with:
- A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
- A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
- A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infiniteboard game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
- A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
- Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).
You can see it laid out, all lovely looking, here.
It's not cheap though, $150 for the lot.
Infinite really is looking fantastic but I can't help but think of how amazing this October would have been if it had come out alongside Dishonored, XCOM, and Hotline Miami.