Stardock have announced a big update for Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation today. The v2.4 update tweaks everything from the UI to the game’s modding capabilities, as well as introduces free co-op map DLC. It’s due out on August 24. It will also add long-awaited support for Vulkan, the graphics-rendering API.
Want more huge battles? Here are the best strategy games on PC.
Here are the v2.4 highlights:
- UI: A full menu reworking makes the game more accessible with new orbital ability icons, improved chat displays, and more.
- Campaign and Scenarios: Several scenarios and all three campaigns have been updated to refine difficulty levels, adjust to the changes of previous updates, and improve the user experience.
- Modding: Modders have access to more parts of the game and will benefit from several changes that makes modding more intuitive.
- Balance: Changes to air units, anti-air, drones, and dreadnoughts will improve strategic diversity. The Substrate receives some additional changes in order to differentiate themselves from the PHC.
- Vulkan Support: This graphics-rendering API offers enhanced OS compatibility and performance.
- Updated Benchmark: The benchmark has been updated so that players can see how well their PC runs under Vulkan.
The free DLC throws nine new maps into the mix which are specifically designed for co-op matches. The spawn points have been designed to keep co-op commanders close together, making it easier to plan assaults, while each player will have clearly defined resources so they won’t have to fight over them.