What are the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey abilities? As you take on your role as a mercenary caught between the two sides of the Peloponnesian War, Athens and Sparta, your Assassin’s Creed Odyssey skills are going to come in handy once you start to inevitably make some enemies.
Whether you want to tame wolves or perform a Leap of Faith anywhere without dying, you have plenty of options. Progression is a little come this time, so we’re here to explain the new system, suggest some simple builds, and recommend the skills you should invest in. Also, if you’re short on the ability points necessary for this, make sure to visit all Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Tombs locations: they contain Ancient Steles that give out bonus points to help you level up.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is finally here, so before you go charging off through the streets of Athens, make sure to check out our our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey review to see what we think, and our top tips to help get your journey started. When you’re ready, these are the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey abilities you should choose.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey abilities: Three builds you should choose
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey sees the open-world stealth game truly commit to the structures of a modern RPG. That means it’s packed with all the usual RPG gizmos. Among those are the three broad classes in that you can allocate your hard-earned skill points to: Hunter, Assassin, and Warrior.
These skills can be equipped for use in engagements, with up to eight available for the Assassin and Warrior trees, and four for the Hunter tree. With that in mind, we’ve put together a few builds for you to experiment with that offer different attack styles, be that a stealth assassin, a ranged fighter, or heading into each engagement full on.
It’s important to note that a good mixture of both passive and active skills will help increase the overall damage you do. For example, combining Devastating Shot and Sixth Sense abilities will stack the damage that each skill does on top of another, further increasing your power.
If you want to approach each engagement like a silent killer then the following skills will see you moving like a shadow – it’ll be like you were never there.
There are a few passive skills that are essential for this particular build so you’ll want to unlock them as soon as possible.
- Shadow Assassin increases your knockout and critical hit chance while filling one bar of your adrenaline meter.
- Critical Assassination ensures that even the stronger enemies in any situation will be killed with one blow or at least deal enough damage that you can despatch them before you’re spotted.
- If you then combine these two skills with Stealth Master, which when fully upgraded provides increased damage during night time and significantly reduces the sound of movement and assassination, you can slip in and out of even the most heavily guarded forts without ever being noticed.
- Rush Assassination is an excellent choice for a stealth build. At its maximum level it delivers 150% Assassin damage and can be chained up to three times with enemies in close proximity of each other. On standard enemies it’s a one shot kill and is perfect for clearing areas in preparation for tackling the more difficult Captains and Polemarchs.
- If murdering everyone indiscriminately yourself isn’t your style then you can use the Call to Arms skill, which provides an excellent distraction and, at maximum level, can even clear a few of the regular enemies for you.
If you prefer to get up close and personal, screaming into the faces of your enemies ‘THIS IS SPARTA’, then here is a build that’ll see you withstanding and winning each battle.
- For a Warrior build, Gear Master is essential as at maximum level it’ll increase your armour rating by 90%.
- Investing points into Weapon Master will improve your Warrior damage by up to 40% while also improving your critical hit chance.
- Thirdly, it’s worth investing in Fire Mastery, which increases the burning time of flaming attacks.
- Facing battles head on will almost certainly mean you’ll take damage, particularly from the heavily armoured enemies, which makes Second Wind an essential pick. At maximum level it’ll refill up to 50% of your health – crucial for those legendary beasts.
- If you have chosen Fire Mastery as one of your passive skills then Flaming Attacks is an excellent choice, and it doesn’t cost adrenaline to use. Elsewhere, you’d be wise to equip Shield Breaker and Sparta Kick, the latter of which you can use to knock out more powerful enemies for recruitment onto Adrestia.
- Finally, Battle Cry of Ares, which boosts your attack damage by up to 50% and renders enemy attacks non-lethal during its activation, is a great skill for quickly dispatching a group of enemies.
If fighting from a distance is more your style then you’ll need to incorporate a mixture of skills across all three classes.
- Sixth Sense is an excellent choice for this build. At maximum level it’ll slow down time when you’re spotted by up to eight seconds and will automatically lock on to the enemy’s head, at which point firing an arrow will deal 200% Hunter damage.
- You’ll also need to unlock Archery Master so that you won’t waste precious resources on crafting arrows all the time.
- Then there’s Arrow Master, which unlocks different arrow types, including fire, poison, paralysing, and death arrows.
- Devastating Shot is a great pick across any build, but for a Hunter it’s essential, as it’ll take most enemies out with one shot. At maximum level it’ll deal a massive 400% damage and increases elemental build-up by 200%, so it’s great to combine with Fire or Poison Mastery from either the Warrior or Assassin trees.
- The Hunter relies on stealth to make their shots count. Therefore, investing in skills that keep you hidden are a wise choice. Shadow of Nyx from the Assassin tree allows you to become almost invisible when moving, which is very useful for repositioning.
- The Ghost Arrow of Artemis allows you to fire an arrow that can travel through walls. Why wouldn’t you want that?
All Assassin’s Creed Odyssey abilities
Those are our suggestions for how you can kit out Alexios or Kassandra, but below you’ll find an exhaustive list of all the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey abilities you can get. Be sure to experiment as much as possible; Odyssey lets you swap out your unlocked, non-passive skills at any point, so feel free to make a change based on your situation or if you just want to freshen things up a bit.
- Devastating shot – Unleash a blood-thirsty arrow that deals 150% Hunter damage. Effectiveness of Fire and Poison Arrows increases by 150%.
- Multi Shot – Target up to 4 enemies at the same time and shoot an arrow that deals 150% Hunter damage to each target.
- Rain of Destruction – Rain down a volley of arrows in an area of 3 meters, dealing 250% Hunter damage.
- Beast Master – Tame knocked out wolves. Only one wild animal can be tamed at a time.
- Arrow Master – Be a master of Paralyzing Arrows to knock out targets instead of killing them. Craft arrows in the Inventory Menu.
- Archery Master – Increase Hunter damage by 15%. No longer consume Normal Arrows when using Hunter Abilities.
- Overpower Bow Strike – Shoot a powerful, charged arrow that deals 800% Hunter damage and explodes on impact. Uses 2 Adrenalin segments.
- Upgrade – Increase Hunter damage by 20% and Headshot damage by 25%. No longer consume Normal Arrows when using Hunter Abilities. If an Adrenaline segment is partially drained, it will refill outside of combat.
- Ghost Arrows of Artemis – Shoot a ghostly arrow that can slip through shields, enemies, and even walls. Deals 175% Hunter damage.
- Predator Shot – Zoom to shoot an arrow that deals 230% Hunter damage and travels 25% farther. Hold RT to gain control of the arrow in the air.
- Spread Shot – Shoot a spread of 3 arrows at the same time that each deal 100% Hunter damage.
- Upgrade – Shoot a spread of 5 arrows at the same time that each deal 100% Hunter damage. Special Arrows can be used.
- Sixth Sense – When seen by enemies, time slows for up to 5 seconds. Aimed arrows lock on to the target’s torso and deal 150% Hunter damage.
- Charged Heavy Attack – Focus inner strength to unleash a powerful attack that deals 100% Warrior damage, knocks back, and breaks guard.
- Upgrade – Focus inner strength to unleash a powerful attack that deals 150% Warrior damage, knocks back, and breaks guard.
- Spartan Kick – A legendary kick that knocks a target back and deals 190% Warrior damage. The target won’t be killed, and can be recruited afterward.
- Upgrade – A legendary kick that knocks a target back and deals 200% Warrior damage. The target won’t be killed, and can be recruited afterward. The kick is so powerful that multiple targets can be hit by the shockwave.
- Bull Rush – Quickly rush through enemies, knock them down and deal 180% Warrior damage.
- Second Wind – Live to fight on, refilling 25% of Max Health.
- Upgrade – Live to fight on, refilling 35% of max Health.
- Weapons Master – Keep those weapons clean and sharp. Increase Warrior damage by 10%.
- Shield Breaker – Break all shields, Stun the target and deal 160% Warrior damage.
- Upgrade – Break all shields, Stun the target and deal 180% Warrior damage. The shield explodes into fragments that damage surrounding enemies.
- Flaming Attacks – Conjure the fires of Hephaistos. Melee weapons and Normal Arrows inflict Fire damage for 15 seconds. When their Fire Meter is full, enemies start Burning. Burning inflicts damage over time.
- Gear Master – Taking great care of your great pays off. Increase Armor by 10%.
- Ring of Chaos – A sudden shocking blast Stuns surrounding enemies within 3 meters and deals 110% Warrior damage.
- Overpower Attacks – Massively powerful attacks that vary depending on weapon type. Requires 2 full Adrenaline segments.
- Fire Mastery – You candle fire like a pyromancer. Fire buildup is increased by 10%.
- Battlecry of Ares – In a fit of godly rage, all attacks inflict 20% more damage for 10 seconds. During this time, all enemy attacks are non-lethal.
- Shadow of Nyx – While out of conflict, become as invisible as a shadow. Moving will cause exposure. Adrenalin is consumed quickly over time.
- Stealth Master – Become a silent killer. Noise from movement and Assassination is reduced.
- Slow Time – Move faster than Hermes, as time is slowed down for 5 seconds.
- Hero Strike – Single strike attack unleashing the full power of the Spear of Leonidas. Inflicts 60% Assassin damage.
- Critical Assassination – Launch a stealth attack with deadly precision, dealing 150% Assassin damage. Must be in range and out of conflict to perform it.
- Rush Assassination – Launch the Spear of Leonidas at a distant enemy to deal 100% Assassin damage up close. Can be chained 1 time.
- Upgrade – Launch the Spear of Leonidas at a distant enemy to deal 110% Assassin damage up close. Can be chained 2 times.
- Poison Mastery – Your knowledge of venoms is undeniable. Poison buildup is increased by 10%.
- Vanish – With a burst of bright light, Stun nearby targets for 6 seconds. Attacking them will break Stun.
- Call to Arms – Summon a lieutenant to distract enemies for at least 20 seconds.
- Revelation – Summon Athena’s sight to reveal all secrets, including chests and hidden passages in a radius of 15 metres. All nearby enemies are tagged.
- Upgrade – Summon Athena’s sight to reveal all secrets, including chests and hidden passages in a radius of 20 metres. All nearby enemies are tagged.
- Venomous Attacks – Melee weapons and Normal Arrows inflict Poison damage for 15 seconds. When their Poison Meter is full, enemies become intoxicated. Intoxication inflicts damage over time and weakens the damage and armour of the enemy.
- Shadow Assassin – Assassination and Knock Out damage are increased by 15%. Automatically loot the enemy after the assassination.
- Upgrade – Assassination and Knock Out damage are increased by 15%. Automatically loot the enemy after the assassination. CRIT damage is increased by 25%.
- Summon Phobos – Call Phobos to your side and let him catch up to you while running to auto-mount. While riding, hold LB to stand up and press A to leap from Phobos.
- Meditation (hold [square in square button] to Meditate) – Rest and move time forward.
- Eyes of Ikaros – Use Ikaros to tag enemies of locate targets. Ikaros’s accuracy increases by synchronising Viewpoints.
- Upgrade – Use Ikaros to tag enemies and view their path or locate targets. Ikaros harasses targets during combat. Ikaros’s accuracy increases by synchronising Viewpoints.
- Assassination – Using the Spear of Leonidas, deal Assassination damage to an unaware target, either killing or heavily damaging them.
- Leap of Faith – Falling does cause damage, but is not fatal.
- Upgrade – Falling does not cause damage.
- Whistle – Whistling attracts the attention of nearby enemies
- Knockout and Recruiting – Incapacitate and then recruit enemies to join the crew of the Adrestia. Visit the Ship Menu to assign them, gain their benefits, and make them available for the Distract Ability.
- Defensive Maneuvers – Just before an attack hits, parry, dodge, or roll out of danger. Perfectly timed dodges briefly slow time.
- Man at Arms– Equip a second weapon from the Inventory Menu and swap between them at any time.
- Upgrade – Equip a second weapon from the Inventory Menu and swap between them at any time. Unlock an additional melee Ability Wheel for Warrior and Assassin Abilities.