Battlefield 1’s June update, Nivelle Nights, is out now, adding a new original map to the multiplayer shooter. As well as adding that new battleground, there’s a big old patch that fixes and tweaks a bunch of things, from specific weapon adjustments to improvements to the netcode.
For more like Battlefield 1, check out our list of the best FPS games.
Some of the changes in the patch are pretty big, such as stopping players from keeping firing when they’re being attacked with melee. Another welcome change is that the game now ensures all vehicle parts are fixed when an engineer brings a vehicle back to full health.
Here are the Nivelle Nights patch notes:
New Feature: Best Squad
- DICE added a new screen at the end of each match to highlight the best squad in the game.
- Their data has shown that players playing as part of a platoon are generally playing better than others, so if you haven’t already done so, it is time to find a platoon. Earn your place in the spotlight with your platoon.
Weapons and Gadgets
- Fixed an issue where the player’s weapon got filtered audio when late-joining a game in multiplayer.
- Increased NO Killtrade distance from 10m to 20m based on community feedback.
- Corrected aiming controller settings for the Benet Mercie Optical when using 1.5x zoom. It was using iron sights settings, it will now use optical settings like the other zoom levels.
- Added blur around the Selbstlader 1906 Sniper’s scope when aiming.
- Added single fire mode to the Ribeyrolles to match the description which says it’s select fire.
- Ammo pouch speeds up grenade resupply if player stands close to it.
- Grenade (resupply) icon:
- Now greyed out (lowered alpha) when out of ammo.
- Doesn’t blink anymore when out of ammo.
- Resupply progress now shown when close to ammo crate/pouch even when player already has 1 grenade and is resupplying a second grenade (smoke).
- Fixed an exploit which allowed AT Mines to be placed on vehicles.
- Fixed issue where flamethrower audio could get stuck if killed while firing.
- Fixed issue where player was able to fire weapon while being melee-killed.
- Fixed vehicle skin descriptions not showing up in the vehicle customization screen.
- Fixed low resolution texture on Chauchat rear iron sight.
- Fixed issue where wrong players would hear vehicle Bailout voice over.
- All tank and plane parts are now fixed automatically upon the vehicle reaching full health. This prevents the confusing situation of having a healthy vehicle with broken parts.
Maps and Modes
- Fixed issue where Conquest Control scoring event was being awarded in other game modes (Operations, Domination).
- Fixed an issue where outdoor reverbs were not fully faded in when transitioning from indoor to outdoor.
- Fixed an issue where shells of the BL9 artillery on Rupture in the Rush game mode would be blocked if fired after the attackers had advanced past the second sector.
- Fixed an issue where self repair would activate without input upon entering a driver seat after leaving that seat mid repair cycle.
- Implemented Frontlines on Amiens and Argonne Forest.
- Player HUD is now active during Pre-round.
- Added original lighting for Soissons to make the level brighter.
- Verdun Heights
- Fixed a few out-of-bounds spawns in Operations.
- Adjusted the combat area and capture area for the flag in the last Operations sector to improve the balance.
- Higher likelihood for more weather variation.
- Adjusted HQ spawns for both teams for Conquest.
- Fort de Vaux
- Players should no longer be able to get on top of the fort around the courtyard area.
- Camera Filters and Depth of Field settings can now be used while in Player View mode. (1st person, 3rd person, and director cameras)
- Fixed issue where all squad information was not always sent to spectator.
- Added setting for Unlimited Magazines.
- Added a tooltip on the death screen for when the player has a high latency to the server.
- Added a message about leading your shots when playing with a high latency to the server.
- Moved the latency indicator to not overlap with any other UI elements.