Chaos Reborn, the updated wizard-warring strategy from creator of X-COM Julian Gollop, now has a generous demo, as well as a new update.
You might have already been able to grab Chaos Reborn for the reasonable price of £14.99, but now you can at least give it a go before you commit. The demo is pretty substantial, too.
“It gives players free access to the multiplayer modes and tutorials, but not realms, offline battles or social rank progression,” says Gollop in an update on Steam. “The inventory limit is also restricted to 7 items.”
This demo lands alongside update 1.2, which adds a moderator to Realms, making sure they pass through moderation before being released to players. This should mean that any Realms that are public should now be playable at least. Yay.
The update also adds the following fixes and tweaks:
- The maximum number of concurrent asynchronous games has been raised from 20 to 40.
- In the equipping screens the staffs and bodygear have a new display which shows the 3D model and compares stats with the currently equipped item. For staffs you can press a button to see all the spells that match the staff type.
- The new realm moderation system has been implemented. New realms have to be approved by a realm moderator before being released to the public.
- A realm design guide has been added to the realm editor, and the game guide is also accessible from the realm editor.
- Aelfscyne talisman mana cost increased from 35 to 50.
- Battle event log scrolling now works properly (and has a scroll bar).
- Paralysed gooey blobs will no longer attack trapped victims.
- Fixed a bug where a player wasn’t able to change equipment configuration that was used in classic private async game request.
- Players in private matches will now be disconnected for inactivity.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to break if the server disconnects it during the login animation.
- Fix: talisman target selection, battle log, mega spell activation, select rider button, and select player buttons are now selectable on touch devices.
- Fixed the bug where allied victory against 2 wizards in realms is counted as 2v2 win achievement stat.
- Camera zoom key bindings fixed – no longer mixes up zoom in/ zoom out
- Fixed a bug that didn’t allow you to open equipment pack even if you have enough space in inventory.
- Added check for max inventory items when buying equipment packs.
- Fixed a bug where an encounter result offering allies, if interrupted by battle or exiting to menu, would not show the correct title and display an erroneous OK button.
- Also improved the message where you have to dismiss multiple mercenaries in order to hire multiple allies from an encounter.
- Gold awards are now given for wizard lords defeated in towns or wizard towers.