Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other eSports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we’re going to track the latest updates to the game in this post. Each time Valve upgrades the game, we’ll let you know what’s worth worrying about, what isn’t, and provide as full a changelog as able.
If this isn’t enough change for you, try one of the other best FPS out there.
The latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update was on April 20. Here are the official patch notes from Valve.
CS:GO Map Update
- Added path near CT spawn that connects to sewer and barn
- Tweaked lighting throughout map
- Tweaked sightline in connector between underpass and Long A
- Fixed various minor bugs
- Rebuilt tunnel stairs area with smoother movement
- Fixed boat geometry overlapping a pier at CT spawn
- Fixed box intersecting windowsill at B
- Fixed pixelwalk on railing at CT spawn
- Moved plywood down on scaffolding below B to block a bad sightline
- Fixed sticky scaffolding clip brush below B
- Fixed some fade distance pop-up issues
- Added two picnic chairs at short and made clips smoother
- Removed lamp at ivy/garbage
CS:GO Misc Update
- Disabled holiday cheer.
- Fixed some exploits related to packet loss.
- Unified deploy duration for all knives to be exactly 1.0 seconds
A positive reaction to all this, particularly the knife changes, as it's stuff the community has been asking about for a little while. Valve continues to up their reaction speed in 2017. Also the holiday cheer is gone. Screw the holiday cheer.
CS:GO China Update
- UI and localization fixes for Perfect World Beta.
Yeah, that's still happening. A very exciting time both for Chinese CS:GO players, and anyone interested in finding out what's going on with the game's loot boxes.
As always, the usual Reddit thread is over here.