Looking for details on the latest CS:GO update? Whether it’s new weapons and maps, or minor tweaks to the game’s core arsenal, staying on top of the meta is key to dominating this competitive FPS.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we are going to track the latest CSGO updates that hit live servers in this post. Each time Valve make significant patches to the game, we will let you know what is worth worrying about, what isn’t, and also provide as full a changelog as we are able to.
But before we crack on with the latest CS:GO update, we should mention that we’ll only be adding new patches as and when they are finally deployed to live servers. Anyway, on with the changelog.
CS:GO’s latest update took place on November 4 and made significant changes to Breach – the specifics are outlined below in the patch notes.
In addition to the Breach tweaks, the patch changes new players’ default mode to Casual. A previous update restricted a selection of new users to Casual and/or Deathmatch until they attain Private Rank 2.
Read on for the complete patch notes:
Breach has been updated to the latest version from Steam Community Workshop and is now available in Scrimmage mode on official servers.
- Redesigned A long
- Removed entrance walls
- Removed pit
- Added blinds to A window
- Moved globe monument slightly
- Blocked access to top of SWAT van
- Replaced vents with electrical room
- Reworked cover placement
- Improved bombsite markings
- Reduced number of firing angles in mid
- Redesigned B connector
- T paths to lower and upper mid have been combined
- CTs cannot push upper mid as quickly
- Fixed unintended angles in lower mid
- Redesigned CT spawn
- Removed glass in various places
- Fixed a bug where enemies outside of B could be spotted from mid
- Replaced the wall outside of B with a chain link fence – enjoy the view!
- Improved clipping
- Fix bomb stuck spots
- Cache has been updated to the latest version from Steam Community Workshop.
- Visual improvements and visibility increases map-wide.
- Fixed FPS drops in Z caused by bad model collision mesh. (Thanks Oakz!)
- Allowed planting closer to A site fence.
- Fixed pixel-walk on A site. (Thanks ALJN!)
- Fixed bomb-stuck spot by squeaky entrance from T side.
- Allowed players to hop onto forklift without crouch-jumping.
- Fixed bomb passing through B ramp displacement. (Thanks jorba666!)
- Fixed unusual collisions for grenades at Mid Boost.
- Fixed ability to see under cover at B. (Thanks g0gerff!)
- Fixed getting stuck on ladder at Mid. (Thanks wTy_!)
- Lowered boxes in corner of A Main. (Thanks Don Haci!)
- Fixed several wallbang bugs
- Seaside is no longer available in Scrimmage mode on official servers
- Mac10 UV map has been updated.
- Mac10 cavity map updated to fix wear pattern discrepancies.
- If you have workshop feedback please send mail to CSGOTeamFeedback[at]valvesoftware.com with “Workshop” in the subject line.
- New users will now default to Casual game mode.
Those are all the changes made in the latest patch. Check back here for the details when the next one drops, or have a look at our CS:GO console commands to make some local tweaks.