Looking for details on the latest CS:GO update? Whether it’s new weapons and maps, or minor tweaks to the game’s core arsenal, staying on top of the meta is key to dominating this competitive FPS.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we are going to track the latest CSGO updates that hit live servers in this post. Each time Valve make significant patches to the game, we will let you know what is worth worrying about, what isn’t, and also provide as full a changelog as we are able to.
But before we crack on with the latest CS:GO update, we should mention that we’ll only be adding new patches as and when they are finally deployed to live servers. Anyway, on with the changelog.
CS:GO’s latest update brings sweeping bug fixes and a haul of tweaks to the Studio map, including overhauls of middle, bug fixes, and spawn changes. Take a look over the full list below.
- Fixed Operation Shattered Web sometimes not appearing on main menu player profiles.
- Added an experimental search bar allowing users to find and purchase any specific coupon item in game.
- Guardian encouragement voice radio lines will no longer play when there are enemies still alive.
- Fixed a regression with Storage Units in Perfect World version of the game.
- Fixed a UI bug when activating some Bonus Rank XP items.
- Studio has been updated with the latest changes from Steam Workshop:
- Middle has had a complete re-design.
- CT / T streets have been reduced in size.
- CT Spawn have been reduced in size.
- B Upper have been reduced in size.
- T Spawn alley has been removed.
- B connectors to middle have been updated.
- 3D Skybox has been updated.
- T spawn geometry has received minor update.
- B Site catwalk has been widened and updated for smoother gameplay when dropping into site.
- B site cover has been changed to give player better colour callouts.
- Updated soundscapes.
- Removed the ability to throw weapons into unintended areas / out of map.
- Fixed many community bug reports.
- Improved clipping across the map.
Read on for the complete patch notes:Those are all the changes made in the latest patch. Check back here for the details when the next one drops, or have a look at our CS:GO console commands to make some local tweaks.