Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other eSports. While the likes of League of Legends and StarCraft 2 spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we’re going to track the latest updates to the game in this post. Each time Valve upgrades the game, we’ll let you know what’s worth worrying about, what isn’t, and provide as full a changelog as able.
If this isn’t enough change for you, try one of the other best FPS out there.
The latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update was on February 14. Here are the official patch notes from Valve.
CS:GO Server Update
- Reduced per-client memory use by sharing network buffers.
- Increased entities delta buffers to 192Kb to support connecting to game modes with many entities (sv_delta_entity_full_buffer_size on the server can be used to increase it up to 256Kb if needed)
- Added a better error message for clients explaining the too many entities on the server error.
- Added more functionality for community log address integration.
- Log address can now be sent an 18-character prefix before every log packet text
- logaddress_add_ex command will use a unique prefix token per instance for the added log address
- logaddress_token_secret and logaddress_add_ts allow to add prefix as a checksum of known secret string
- Added a message for “killed by the bomb” to the logs.
CS:GO Misc Update
- Teams can now vote on team issues independently.
- Fixed sleeves interpenetrating gloves
- Spectator’s player glow values have been adjusted to make noise-making state transitions more noticeable.
CS:GO OSX Update
- Fixed CSM boundary artifacts on Iris based Macbook pro.
CS:GO Maps Update
- Added grenade-clip to ceiling underneath Bombsite A and inside connector, to prevent molotovs spreading into areas above
- Removed support beam in drop room which blocked line of sight to drop/door
- Fixed see-through gap when jump-peeking from CT spawn towards Mini
- Fixed various bugs reported on CSGOBugTracker.com
- Fixed model fade distance on truck in CT spawn