An adrenaline rush must be the first and most natural of natural highs. It’s a thrill surely experienced by primeval humans teaming up to bring down sabre tooth cats, and now sought by many of their modern descendents in various ways. For some, a jump from a great height, ideally assisted by a bungee cord or parachute. For others, the nail-biting closing moments of a round of Counter-Strike. Combining the two, however – that’s something new.
Keep up to speed on the state of CS:GO with our update tracker.
The Republic of Gamers Extreme Gaming event, held in Prague over the weekend, saw an exhibition match of CS:GO between German visitors Penta and local Czechs eXtatus, with the key twist that it took place ten metres in the air, on a stage suspended by a crane.
Reddit user LopoGames has a helpful translation of the panicked conversation between the two casters, who had to take to the skies alongside the teams.
- Caster1: Shut up! Hey, hey this is really not good. I want to go down.
- Caster2: Higher. Higher!
- Caster1: Shut up! I need to hold on to something but there is nothing I can grab here!
- Caster2: Well at this point I hope we are just a quarter way up. They could get us higher.
- Caster1: Hey you are a… Shut up! You are not helping!
- Caster2: Can the crane operator please…
Head here to watch the whole thing on Twitch.