Season of the Lost is now live, a prelude to the upcoming The Witch Queen release date, and with it a new quest – Tracing the Stars. The new season involves the return of Mara Sov, the queen of the Awoken who has been presumed dead for quite some time.
Mara Sov can be found in the Dreaming City, with the story revolving around her lost tech witches that she needs your help to save from the Shattered Realm. The Tracing the Stars quest takes you to the Dreaming City in search of Atlas Skews – this is the first part of the quest which updates with the weekly reset, and it looks like the final reward could be the Exotic rifle, Ager’s Scepter.
To unlock the Tracing the Stars quest, you first need to complete Season of the Lost’s introduction quest, as well as the seasonal quest, Wayfinder’s Voyage 1. You can pick up the Tracing the Stars 1 quest from the Compass, before speaking to Mara Sov to kickstart the mission. This guide covers all the Atlas Skew locations up to Tracking the Stars 3.
Tracing the Stars 1 quest – Atlas Skew locations
Mara Sov can be found inside the portal in the HELM, she tasks you with finding and collecting five Atlas Skews from around the Dreaming City.
Here are all the Destiny 2 Atlas Skew locations for Tracing the Stars 1:
- Divalian Mists – head down the cliffside northeast of the map
- Divalian Mists – head to the cave near the large yellow structure close to the middle of the map
- Drowned Bay Alcove – enter the Bay of Drowned Wishes Lost Sector (this can be found by the Divalian Mists spawn location) and you’ll find the Atlas Skew at the first cave entrance
- Spine Oracle Orrery – follow the path towards the Oracle, climb to the top of the Oracle tower
- Distant Spine Island – head away from the Oracle tower and head east towards the islands, where you’ll find a tree
After collecting all Atlas Skews and successfully returning to Mara, you unlock the mission ‘A Hollow Coronation’ – by completing this you pick up a new Stasis hand cannon, the Vulpecula.
Tracing the Stars 2 quest – Atlas Skew locations
To get the second week’s quest, head back to the Wayfinder’s Compass and then Mara Sov to get a new set of objectives.
Here are all the Destiny 2 Atlas Skew locations for Tracing the Stars 2:
- The Strand – in the northwest part of the area, climb up to the top of the giant statue with black orbs dripping black goo on top of it
- The Strand – head behind the gazebo in the southeast corner and hover over to the next island over to find it between some rocks
- Gardens of Esila – at the waterfall near the centre of this area, there’s a statue on some pebbles
- Garden of Esila – climb up to the bridge west of the waterfall
- Aphelion’s Rest lost sector – inside a cave in the northern part of The Strand. Head to the end to find the final statue for this part of the challenge
After you’ve collected all these Atlas Skews, a new objective will appear for the mission ‘A Hollow Coronation’. Head for the waypoint and interact with the new object to finish the second part of this season-long Exotic quest. Then, return to the Wayfinder’s Compass to get the Fractethyst stasis shotgun.
Tracing the Stars 3 quest – Atlas Skew locations
Just like the previous week’s quests, to get the Atlas Skewlocations for the third week, you need to head back to the Wayfinder’s Compass and then visit Mara Sov to get a new set of objectives.
Here are all the Destiny 2 Atlas Skew locations for Tracing the Stars 3:
- Rheasilvia – in the northeast part of this area near the Secluded Statue – it’s to the right of the entrance tunnel to the north. Jump across the guard rail on the stairs to the east and climb the mountain with some very precise hover jumps across the ravine
- Rheasilvia – at the entrance to a cave in the lower level in the southwest corner of this area. It’s underneath the suspended bridge
- Rheasilvia – in the centre of this area near the Temple Overlook, there is a circular platform. To the left of it, there is a large rock with a person on top of it, and another Atlas Skew
- Harbinger’s Seclude – go inside the temple to the north of Rheasilvia and turn right when you reach the back wall. You should now be in the Harbinger’s Seclude. Turn left at the end of this corridor, and follow the path until you see a back door to the right. Go through it and go into the building to your right. At the back, kill the Taken before grabbing the Atlas Skew next to the statue
- Harbinger’s Seclude – from the previous location, turn right and head out into the cloister. Head through the door with the white circular decoration to your right and descend one level. Descend into the hole and run into the next chamber. You should now be in a room with lots of statues holding skulls. On the left side of this room, you should find the last Atlas Skew
Once you’ve collected all the new Atlas Skews, another objective will appear for the ‘A Hollow Coronation challenge’. Head for the waypoint and interact with the new object to warp to the Caliburn Gatehouse. Deposit this third set of Astral Skews and return to the Wayfinder’s Compass to get the Chrysura Melo auto-rifle. This is not the end of the Tracing the Stars quest, as there’s plenty more to come over the next few weeks, so be sure to check back next week after the update for more.
This is not the end of the Tracing the Stars quest, as there’s plenty more to come over the next few weeks, so be sure to check back next week after the update for more.