The first Diablo III expansion has been unleashed; read our Reaper of Souls review to find out the verdict.
Diablo 3’s Reaper of Souls expansion is almost upon us. On March 25th, or the night of the 24th in some places, the floodgates will open and players will finally be allowed to check out the next Act of the vastly improved ARPG.
More than a few of us here at PCGN are going to be playing, and we’ve got our own clan. We don’t want you lovely lot to feel left out, so we’re giving away one copy of the Collector’s Edition to one lucky bugger. The competition is UK only, and you can find out how you can win below.
One of the most notable additions that Reaper of Souls brings is a brand spanking new class: the Crusader. A big, burly, defensive warrior that uses magical shields and holy spells. But maybe you think you could come up with a better class, putting Blizzard to shame. Now’s your chance to show off your wonderful idea.
Let us know what class you would have added in the expansion, and give us some details about how it would function. Let’s face it, we’re probably going to pick the one that makes us laugh the most, but don’t make that stop you from coming up with a well-realised character.
The competition ends on Midday (GMT) on Monday, so you’ve got the weekend to think about it.
Here’s what the Collector’s Edition comes with:
- Behind the Scenes Blu-ray/DVD Two-Disc Set – Meet the teams behind the Reaper of Souls expansion with this Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, featuring interviews, roundtable discussions and behind-the-scenes commentary.
- Reaper of Souls Soundtrack – Expand your music collection with the full Reaper of Souls soundtrack on CD.
- The Art of Reaper of Souls – Explore the vast collection of artwork that went into the creation of Diablo III’s first expansion. This hardback volume depicts the game’s full artistic develop, from early sketches to final 3D renders.
- Malthael Mouse Pad – Equip your gaming desk with this ghostly mouse pad, featuring the impenetrable visage of Malthael, the Angel of Death.
- In-Game Items:
- Diablo III: Spectral Hound Minion & Aesthetic Artifacts – Charge through Sanctuary with your hellhound minion at your side, and transmogrify your gear with a trio of ageless helms and a full complement of Malthael-inspired weapons.
- World of Warcraft: Treasure Goblin Pet – The treasure goblin comes and goes through his portals, stopping by to join you on your treasure-hunting expeditions throughout Azeroth.
- StarCraft II: Crusader Portraits & Malthael Decals – Bring the fervor of the Zakarum to the far reaches of Koprulu
Blizzard have also revealed exactly when the expansion goes live across all regions. Take a gander:
For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
- 3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
- 2:00 a.m. CST on March 25
For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
- 23:00 GMT on March 24
- 00:00 CET on March 25
- 01:00 EET on March 25
- 03:00 MSK on March 25
For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play on 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
- 10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
- 11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
- 12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
- 1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
- 1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
- 12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
- 3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25