Update September 27, 2016: FF14's latest patch, 3.4, is going live today. Here's all the details.
The remarkably revived Final Fantasy 14 continues its march forward with a new patch this week. 3.4 introduces, well, absolutely loads of stuff. Here's the highlights.
Check out the best MMOs on PC here.
- Main Scenario Quests: the story continues with the reuninin of Alphinaud and Alisaie Leveilleur.
- New Side Quests: The Hildibrand questline continues.
- New Raid - Alexander: The Creator available at two difficulties as the final stage of the Alexander raid series.
- Containment Bay P1T6: Sophia, The Goddess tests players on two difficulties.
- New Dungeons - Xelphatol and The Great Gubal Library: Two new, high-level dungeons.
- Player Housing: Apartments and Aquariums added.
There's a frankly ridiculous amount of stuff here, and it's all detailed in full over on the official site if you want more.
Original story, September 26: Sometimes it’s better to watch other people do things than to do them yourself. That’s the mantra pretty much every YouTuber on the planet hopes we live by (who actually plays games any more when you can watch someone else play them instead, right?), and one that will also come to pass in patch 3.4 for Final Fantasy XIV, due out tomorrow.
Ahead of its September 27 roll out, the lovely folk at Square Enix have published some (rather lengthy and in depth) patch notes, with the game itself currently in the middle of 24 hours worth of maintenance.
“Patch 3.4 brings myriad additions and refinements to the realm,” details Square Enix in the notes. “Challenge seekers can test their mettle against fellow adventurers in duels and the Feast custom matches.
“Those who'd rather sit back and watch can enjoy the action with the new spectator mode. Whether you're relaxing in your new apartment or exploring the realm to collect wondrous tales, there's something for everyone here in Eorzea!”
As we’ve previously covered, patch 3.4 brings with it access to the hard version of the Great Gubal Library, as well as a brand new dungeon called Xelphatol, located in the shadow of the First Mountain and open for level 60 players.
You can check out the full patch notes here.