Floating ramps, tubes, loops and twists make up the racing tracks in GTA Online’s newest update, Cunning Stunts, an expansion that keeps almost making me write a nasty typo.
Like cars? Check out our list of PC’s best racing games.
The tracks in Cunning Stunts resemble something out of a futuristic racer like Wipeout. It’s not uncommon to drive over a speed boost and fire yourself into a corkscrew 20,000 feet into the air.
Of course, you’re not going to be wanting to take on these courses with a BF Surfer, so the free expansion also comes with a host of high-powered vehicles.
Here’s the full list of the 13 motors:
- Super: Annis RE-7B, Emporer Sheava, Progen Tyrus
- Sports: Lampadati Tropos Rallye, Obey Omnis
- Compacts: Grotti Brioso R/A
- Off Road: Vapid Desert Raid, Vapid Trophy Truck
- Motorbikes: Nagasaki BF400, Western Gargoyle
- Muscle: Burger Shot Stallion, Pisswasser Dominator, Redwood Gauntlet
If vehicles aren’t enough for you, there’s also a bunch of race-themed fashion available at the shops around Los Santos.
Over the next three weeks, more Stunt Races and vehicles are to be added to GTA Online as part of Cunning Stunts, culminating in the release of the Stunt Race Creator on August 2. The Stunt Race Creator will give players the chance to create their very own tracks, meaning the sky’s the limit – quite literally.
Cunning Stunts also features new Premium Races where you can compete and bet against seven opponents for winner-take-all glory. Even if you don’t win, all competitors are granted triple RP just for competing, so it’s worth giving these races – which are locked to specific vehicles or classes – a go.
Here are the limited times and vehicle restrictions of the Premium Races available:
- Thursday, July 14th: Splits (New Vehicle – Brioso)
- Friday, July 15th: Vinewood Downhill (Motorcycles)
- Saturday, July 16th: Racing Alley (Sports)
- Sunday, July 17th: Canyon Crossing (Super)
- Monday, July 18th: Turbine (Off-road)