Hearthstone’s latest patch is now live, and it adds a new Paladin Hero, new Tavern Brawl cards, nine additional Deck Slots, Deck Recipes, and more.
We’ve compiled the cards revealed so far from Hearthstone’s upcoming expansion, Whispers of the Old Gods, so why not have a look.
The patch adds a host of new things to the game, including a version of Hearthstone for Thai-speaking players, several improvements to the Collection Manager, and new UI elements in preparation for the upcoming content. There are new Card Backs – including a snazzy Overwatch-themed one – and bug fixes, too.
Lady Liadrin is being added as a playable Paladin Hero, and comes with her own backstory, music and voicover. She’ll be obtainable through an upcoming promotion, so you’ll have to keep an eye out for that. Apparently there are hidden references in there to an upcoming 14th Hero, so be on the lookout for hidden secrets.
New Tavern Brawl Cards include Annoy-o-Tron Fanclub, Annoy-o-Tron Prime, City of Stormwind, and Nefarian. These also come with new Tavern Brawl images, including a face-off between Kel’Thuzad and Rafaam.
The new patch also unlocks Whispers of the Old Gods for pre-purchase. The full patch notes are below:
- Pre-purchase Whispers of the Old Gods
- Pre-purchase a “Whispers of the Old Gods” 50 card pack bundle from the in-game shop and unlock a special card back. Whispers of the Old Gods packs cannot be opened until the expansion launches, which will be before May 31, 2016, however, the card back is available immediately!
- Unlock up to 18 deck slots!
- Gain access to 9 additional deck slots by unlocking all nine Hearthstone Heroes, bringing your total number of deck slots to 18.
- If you’ve already unlocked all nine Heroes, your new deck slots are waiting for you in the Collection Manager: just delete or edit the Basic decks you’ll find in your deck list.
- Many improvements have been made to the Collection Manager.
- Deck Recipes are now available in the Collection Manager. Use Deck Recipes to quickly experiment with some new deck ideas.
- Right-clicking on card backs in the Collection Manager reveals an improved display. So fancy!
- When building decks, the “Suggest a Card” feature is now smarter about its recommendations.
- It is now possible to search for cards with new search terms, including Attack, Health, Cost, Golden, etc.
- A more complete listing of all the new functions will be revealed in an upcoming blog.
- We have begun preparing for the arrival of Standard and Wild formats with new UI elements.
- The following Hero portrait has been added:
– Liadrin – The new Paladin hero is obtained through an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.
- Hearthstone has been localized into Thai. Players around the globe can now enjoy Hearthstone in 14 different languages!
- The following card backs have been added:
– Hogger – Acquired at the end of the month by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of March 2016.
- Eyes of C’Thun Card Back – Acquired by pre-purchasing Whispers of the Old Gods.
- Overwatch Card Back – Acquired by purchasing the Overwatch: Origins Edition.
- Bonuses provided by Enrage effects now work correctly after a minion’s Attack and Health values have been swapped.
- Resolved various issues with AI behavior and gameplay.
- Fixed various audio, graphical, and UI issues.