Update, April 25: Deckard Cain is now live.
Deckard Cain, the last Horadrim, is now live in Heroes of the Storm. You can take a look at his model and his first alternate skin at the website, or read on for a breakdown of his abilities.
Check out the best MOBAs on PC.
Original story, April 5: Deckard Cain comes to HotS, putting enemies to sleep with “Stay Awhile and Listen.”
Diablo’s Deckard Cain is the best character in the entire Blizzard pantheon, and there’s nothing you can do to change my mind. Finally, Blizzard themselves have realized the opportunity they’ve been missing, and will at last bring Deckard to Heroes of the Storm. He even has a heroic ability called “Stay Awhile and Listen,” which is so perfect I can scarcely fathom it.
The Last Horadrim will soon join the Nexus as a support hero, built specifically for area denial. Here are all his abilities.
Deckard Cain abilities
- [Q] Healing Potion
- Throw a Healing Potion on the ground that heals the first allied Hero that comes in contact with it for 230. Limit 0 active Potions.
- [W] Horadric Cube
- Throw the Horadric Cube, dealing 80 damage to all enemies in the area and Slowing them by 40% for 1.75 seconds.
- [E] Scroll of Sealing
- Unfurl an enchanted scroll, forming a triangle that deals 150 damage to enemies inside and Roots them for 1.5 seconds.
- [R1] Stay Awhile and Listen
- After 1 second, Channel for 3 seconds, putting enemy Heroes in front of Deckard to Sleep while Channeling, and for 2 seconds after. Enemies can only be put to Sleep once per cast, and Sleep’s effects end instantly if they take damage.
- [R2] Lorenado
- Vector Targeting Create a swirling lorenado that travels in the targeted direction, continually knocking away enemies that come into contact with it.
- Fortitude of the Faithful
- When at least 1 other allied Hero is nearby, Deckard gains 10 Armor and his Basic Abilities recharge 50% faster.
And here’s the full list of Deckard’s talents, courtesy of Inven Global.
Deckard Cain talents
- [E] Scroll of Identify
- Quest: Hitting an enemy Hero with Scroll of Sealing reveals them for 8 seconds.
- Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, Scroll of Sealing also reduces Armor by 20 for 4 seconds and the reveal duration is doubled.
- Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, Scroll of Sealing also reduces Armor by 20 for 4 seconds and the reveal duration is doubled
- [E] Field Study
- Each enemy Hero hit by Scroll of Sealing grants 15% Spell Power for 14 seconds, up to 30%.
- [W] Sapphire
- Activate to increase the Slow of the next Horadric Cube by 30%. Only 1 Gem may be active at a time.
- [Q] Potion of Shielding
- Whenever an ally is healed by a Healing Potion, they gain a 135 Shield for 6 seconds
- [Q] Rejuvenation Potion
- Healing Potions restore 10 Mana and heal for an additional 108 over 4 seconds
- [W] Ruby
- Activate to make the next Horadric Cube spawn 3 Lesser Healing Potions from each enemy Hero hit, healing allied Heroes for 190 when picked up. Lesser Healing Potions last for 10 seconds. Only 1 Gem may be active at a time.
- [W] Cube Mastery
- Each enemy Hero hit by Horadric Cube reduces the cooldown of Scroll of Sealing by 3 seconds.
- [W] Kanai’s Cube
- Horadric Cube reduces damage dealt by 30% for 4 seconds.
- [W] Emerald
- Activate to make the next Horadric Cube reduce healing received by 75% for 4 seconds. Only 1 Gem may be active at a time
- [D] Ancient Blessings
- Activate Fortitude of the Faithful to empower nearby allied Hero Basic Attacks for 8 seconds, causing them to deal an additional 80 damage in an area and heal for 120 for each Hero hit.
- [Q] Super Healing Potion
- If a Healing Potion isn’t picked up for at least 2 seconds, it heals for 75% more.
- [Q] Potion of Revival
- When a Healing Potion is picked up, it also heals all nearby allied Heroes for 40% of the healing amount.
- [Passive] Horadric Staff
- Every 5 seconds, Deckard’s next Basic Attack Stuns Heroes for 0.75 seconds.
- [D] Safety in Numbers
- If at least 3 allied Heroes are nearby, Fortitude of the Faithful grants an additional 10 Armor and causes Deckard’s Basic Abilities to recharge an additional 50% faster.
- [E] Scroll of Stone Curse
- Scroll of Sealing deals 200% more damage when hitting at least 2 Heroes.
- [R1] Respect the Elderly
- Stay Awhile and Listen Silences and Blinds enemies for 2 seconds upon waking up from Sleep
- [R2] Morenados!
- Lorenado’s cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds every time an enemy Hero is knocked back.
- [W] Perfect Gems
- Reduce the cooldown of all Gems by 25 seconds and the cooldown of Horadric Cube by 5 seconds.
- [Q] Bottomless Flask
- After use, Healing Potions recharge after 5 seconds.
Blizzard have also previewed the first alternate skin for the new hero, with Wastewalker Deckard.