Update, January 2: Blaze is live on the PTR, along with a list of all his talents and abilities.
We knew StarCraft’s Firebat was on the way in January, and we didn’t have to wait long at all to get our hands on Blaze. The new hero is currently available on the PTR, and that means we now have a detailed breakdown of his talents and abilities.
Fancy turning up the heat? Get started in Heroes of the Storm with our guide.
Blaze is a ranged tank, specialized in dealing area of effect damage at a distance. His Oil Spill ability lets him slow enemies, and he can set the slick ablaze to deal damage and provide a healing zone for himself - with the proper talent, he can even do so with a basic attack. Early talents include a variety of stimpack options that give you a choice between damage reduction, attack and movement speed, or cooldown reductions.
You can see the abilities in action through the spotlight video above, or check out the full list of abilities below.
- Gain 25 Armor and deal 40 damage to nearby enemies every 0.5 seconds for 4 seconds. Each Hero hit by Flame Stream reduces Pyromania's cooldown by 5 seconds.
- Flame Stream (Q)
- Fire two streams of flame that deal 83 damage to enemies hit. Flame Stream sets fire to Oil Spills it comes in contact with.
- Oil Spill (W)
- Vector Targeting. Dispense a slick of oil that lasts for 5 seconds and Slows enemies that come in contact with it by 40%. Flame Stream can set Oil Spills on fire for 2.5 seconds, dealing 18 damage every 0.3 seconds to enemies inside. While on fire, Oil Spills no longer Slow enemies. Additionally, Blaze is Healed for 49 Health every 0.3 seconds while standing in flaming Oil Spills. Stores up to 2 charges.
- Jet Propulsion (E)
- After 0.5 seconds, charge forward, colliding with the first enemy Hero hit, dealing 52 damage to them and nearby enemy Heroes. Enemies hit are also Stunned for 1.25 seconds.
- Bunker Drop (R)
- After 0.5 seconds, deploy and enter a Bunker with 1300 Health. Blaze and his allies can enter and exit the Bunker at will. While in the Bunker, occupants gain access to Flamethrower, dealing 179 damage to enemies in a line. Exiting the Bunker grants 25 Armor for 2 seconds. Bunkers last 10 seconds, or until destroyed.
- Combustion (R)
- Channel up to 2.6 seconds. Once Channeling ends, nearby enemies are Slowed by 60% and take 48 damage every 0.5 seconds. Combustion's Slow and damage over time durations are extended the longer Blaze Channels, from 1 second up to 5 seconds. Blaze's Movement Speed is reduced by 50% while Channeling.
The ever vigilant Icy Veins forum also have a full list of Blaze’s talents.
- Adrenaline Stimpack (Active, Cooldown: 30 seconds) Activate to gain 100% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 5 seconds.
- Endurance Stimpack (Active, Cooldown: 40 seconds) Activate to gain a Shield that absorbs 450 damage over 5 seconds.
- Neural Stimpack (Active, Cooldown: 40 seconds) Activate to gain 50 Mana and cause Ability cooldowns to recharge 100% faster for 5 seconds.
- New Habits (Trait) Collecting Regeneration Globes reduces the cooldown of Pyromania by 5 seconds.
- Quest: Collect 15 Regeneration Globes.
- Reward: Pyromania grants Unstoppable for 2 seconds.
- Feeding the Flame (Q) Each enemy Hero hit by Flame Stream reduces the cooldown of Oil Spill by 1.5 seconds.
- Adhesive Petroleum (W) Enemies standing in Oil Spill when it is Ignited are Slowed by 30% for 2.5 seconds.
- Oil Dispersal (W) Increase Oil Spill's area by 20% and Slow amount by 10%
- Meltdown (Trait D) Hitting an enemy Hero with Pyromania reduces their damage dealt by 5% for 2.5 seconds, up to 30%.
- Crossfire (Q) Hitting an emeny with both streams of Flame Stream deals 132 bonus damage.
- Grill and Kill (W)
- Quest: Damage enemy Heroes with Ignited Oil Spills 60 times.
- Reward: Increase Oil Spill's Ignite duration by 2 seconds, and damage by 25%.
- Incinerator Gauntlets (Passive) Increase Basic Attack area by 15%, and Basic Attack damage to Minions, Mercenaries, and Monsters by 50%. Additionally, Basic Attack splashes Ignite Oil Spills.
- Bunker Drop (Mana: 40, Cooldown: 40 seconds) After 0.5 seconds, deploy and enter a Bunker with 1300 Health. Blaze and his allies can enter and exit the Bunker at will. While in the Bunker, occupants gain access to Flamethrower, dealing 179 damage to enemies in a line. Exiting the Bunker grants 25 Armor for 2 seconds. Bunkers last 10 seconds, or until destroyed.
- Combustion (Mana: 70, Cooldown: 80 seconds) Channel for up to 2.6 seconds. Upon ending, Slow nearby enemies by 60% and deal 48 damage to them every 0.5 seconds. Combustion's Slow and damage over time duration is extended the longer Blaze Channels, from 1 second up to 5 seconds. Blaze's Movement Speed is reduced by 50% while Channeling.
- Suppressive Fire (Q) Each stream of Flame Stream reduces the Spell Power of Heroes hit by 15% for 4 seconds, up to 30%.
- Nanomachine Coating (W) Enemies standing in Oil Spills have their Attack Speed reduced by 40% for 2.5 seconds.
- Fuel Leak (E) Jet Propulsion creates Oil Spills along Blaze's path. If Jet Propulsion impacts an enemy Hero, an additional Oil Spill is created underneath them.
- Therman Protection (E) Each enemy hit by Jet Propulsion grants 10 Armor for 3 seconds and reduces its cooldown by 2 seconds.
- Heat Treatment (Trait D) Heal for 75% of the damage dealt by Pyromania
- Juggernaut Plating (Active, Cooldown: 40 seconds) Activate to gain 50 Spell Armor for 3 seconds. Upon expiration, gain a Shield equal to 100% of the Spell Damage reduced by Juggernaut Plating.
- Fortified Bunker (R1) Occupants can cast Oil Spill from Bunker Drop every 6 seconds. Additionally, Bunker Drop's Armor bonus upon exting is increased by 25, and its duration by 1 second.
- Flash Fire (R2) While Channeling Combustion, Blaze's Movement Speed is no longer reduced, and nearby enemies are Slowed by 60%.
- Burn Notice (Passive) Basic Attacks Slow enemies by 5% and deal an additional 18 damage over 2.5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
Original story, December 22 2017: Heroes of the Storm’s latest hero is Blaze, veteran Firebat - as in, the Firebat unit from StarCraft.
Blaze wheels out some classic Firebat quotes (“Need a light?”) in a wintry trailer in which he melts a snowman (“original, or extra crispy?”). The description says he’ll join the Nexus in January, and is “a dual incinerator cannon wielding warrior who excels at area-of-effect damage and locking down an area of the battlefield.”
Firebat is the last character leaked in this list of upcoming heroes, first posted five months ago. It didn’t look too credible then, but has since been borne out entirely.