We’re looking for a full-time, in-house Guides Writer to join the PCGamesN editorial team. The role is based in Bath and is not available remotely.
You’ll have a keen interest in all things to do with PC gaming, of course, along with a voracious appetite for playing as many games as possible. You’ll have a sharp eye for detail and be able to hand in exceptional copy to tight deadlines, as well as write about complex mechanics and gameplay in a clear and approachable manner. You’ll be confident in pitching your own ideas for articles, and you will bake excellent cakes (a desirable skill, but not strictly required).
More importantly, you’ll have a good understanding of SEO best practice, and a passion for implementing it. You’ll be able to turn your hand to various styles of writing – including guides, features, patch posts, news, reviews, scripts, and more. You will also have at least some experience working in a busy office environment, cope well under pressure, and will never miss an Oxford comma. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a friendly, dynamic, and dedicated media team based in Bath.
Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: August 9, 2019
- Guides, news, and feature writing
- Maintaining and updating evergreen content
- Keeping abreast of current news and trends
- Suggesting ideas for guides and other article types
- Capturing gameplay
- Attending press trips
- Promotion of your work
- CMS work, transcription, and lots of other fun things
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly, and to task across a wide range of disciplines
- A keen interest in videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, PCs, that kind of thing
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
- If you haven’t got a Steam account, you should probably forget it
Desirable skills and experience:
- Published work somewhere or other, ideally online
- Previous work on a magazine or website, your own blog, or you’re an insanely busy commenter
- Previous work writing guides and evergreen content
- Understanding of SEO best practices
Sound like you? Then get in touch as soon as you can. We’re also hiring for a full-time staff writer.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, along with three examples of your previous work, to [email protected] using the subject line ‘Guides Writer application‘. We look forward to hearing from you.