PCGamesN is looking for a full-time, in-house Guides Writer to join its editorial team.
You’ll have a keen interest in all things to do with PC gaming, a voracious appetite for playing as many games as possible, and a sharp eye for detail. You’ll be able to hand in exceptional copy to tight deadlines, write about complex mechanics and gameplay in a clear and approachable manner, and be confident in pitching your own ideas for articles.
You’ll have a good understanding of SEO best practice, and be able to turn your hand to various styles of writing – including guides, features, patch posts, news, reviews, scripts, and more. You will also have at least some experience working in a busy office environment, and – most importantly of all – agree with our position on using Oxford commas. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a friendly, dynamic, and dedicated media team based in Bath.
Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: 2nd November, 2018
- Guides, news, and feature writing
- Maintaining and updating evergreen content
- Keeping abreast of current news and trends
- Suggesting ideas for guides and other article types
- Capturing gameplay
- Promotion of your work
- CMS work, transcription, and lots of other fun things
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly, and to task across a range of disciplines
- A keen interest in videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, PCs, that kind of thing
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
- If you haven’t got a Steam account, you should probably forget it
Desirable skills and experience:
- Published work somewhere or other, ideally online
- Previous work on a magazine or website, your own blog, or you’re an insanely busy commenter
- Previous work writing guides and evergreen content
- Understanding of SEO best practices
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, along with three examples of your previous work, to [email protected] using the subject line ‘Guides Writer application’. We look forward to hearing from you.