League of Legends’ next big content patch is 6.11, introducing new Lucha Libre skins for a variety of champions, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Items and champions are each taking their share of Riot’s balance hammer this go round, while more technical changes continue to be made to the client and games as much-requested features make their debut. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
Update June 2, 2016: Official patch notes, and the update itself, are now available.
Just getting started? Here’s the bestLeague of Legends championsfor beginners.
League of Legends 6.11 official patch notes
Riot’s usual big patch note post with explanations, descriptions and endless, endless jokes is now available. The patch has also gone live in all regions with no serious side effects noted.
LoL Patch 6.11 Release Date And Downtime
Server maintenance for 6.11 has been announced and will take place early in the morning on June 2 for most regions. Here’s the exact times and dates for each major region:
- NA – 03:00 PDT
- EUW – 05:00 BST
- EUNE – 03:00 CEST
As always, best to check your specific server status page for all the info you need. We’ll see you in a couple of days for Patch 6.12 – likely time for the Dark Star skins to arrive.
LoL Patch 6.11 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.11 Champion Changes
- Glacial Storm (R):
- Mana drain per second increased to 40/50/60 from 30/45/60
- Arise! (W):
- Can no longer be used on towers to deal 60-230 (+.4 AP).
- Emperor’s Divide (R):
- Wall duration lowered to 3 seconds from 5/6/7
- No longer grants 20% movement speed for 1 second when passing through wall for Azir and Allies
- Missile Barrage (R)
- AD ration increased to .2/.6/1 from .2/.5/.8
- Z-Drive Resonance (Passive):
- Lock out on same target increased to 5 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Timewinder (Q):
- Outgoing damage AP ratio increased to .2 from .1
- Damage after delay decreased to 40/65/90/115/140 from 60/85/110/135/160
- Parallel Convergence (W):
- Stun duration reduced to 1.75 seconds from 2.25 seconds.
- Chronobreak (R):
- Base damage lowered to 150/300/450 from 200/350/500
- AP ratio increased to 1.5 from 1.3
- Big group of tooltip changes to clean up her kit – now uses ‘Slam’ to refer to tentacle hits.
- Tentacle Smash (Q):
- Now increases Tentacle damage by 10/15/20/25/30% rather than increasing AD damage ratio by 0/10/20/30/40%
- Harsh Lesson (W):
- Now deals damage equal to [3/3.5/4/4.5/5% (+2% per 100 AD)] of target’s maximum health from [15/35/55/75/95 + 110% AD]
- Bonus damage against minions is capped at 300.
- Test of Spirit (E)
- Slow now applies full affect over 1.5 seconds rather than decaying over 2 seconds
- Relentless Assault (Passive):
- Stacks now fall off one at a time rather than all at once.
- Mark of the Kindred (Passive):
- Now increases Q’s damage by 5 per stack.
- Jungle marks now include Dragon, Blue, and Red Camps.
- Dance of Arrows (Q):
- Damage decreased to 55/75/95/115/135 from 60/90/120/150/180
- Mounting Dread (E):
- Damage decreased to 40/75/110/145/180 from 60/90/120/150/180
- Slow decreased to 50% from 70%
- Piercing Light (Q):
- Bonus AD scaling decreased to 60/70/80/90/100% from 60/75/90/105/120%
- Passthrough ranged decreased to 900 from 1100.
- Ardent Blaze (W):
- Range decreased by 100
- Base Health regen decreased to 1.4 from 1.7356
- Health regen growth decreased to .15 from 0.17
- Arcane Smash (Q)
- Cooldown increased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 from 6 at all ranks
- Prowl (Passive):
- Range for 30% movement speed buff towards visible champions decreased to 1400 from 5500
- Pounce (Cougar W):
- Cooldown reset on W to Hunted Targets and killing units in Cougar now 3.5/2.5/1.5/3.5 rather than 1.5s at all ranks.
- Overload (Q):
- Damage lowered to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/95/130/165/200
- Desperate Power (R):
- Cooldown increased to 50 seconds from 50/40/30
- Decrepify (Q)
- Damage decreased to 30/48/65/83/100 from 30/50/70/90/110
- Ravenous Flock (R)
- Healing vs champion lowered to 20/30/40 from 30/45/60
- Base health increased to 520 from 500
- Threaded Volley (Q):
- Now deals 50% extra damage to minions.
- Plasma Fission (Q):
- Slow now decays over 1/1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6 seconds from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
- Life Form Disintegration Ray (R)
- Base damage lowered to 450/625/800 from 500/725/950
- Now applies passive stack immediately on enemies hit
- Razor Shuriken (Q):
- Base damage lowered to 70/105/140/175/210 from 75/115/155/195/235
- AD ratio reduced to .9 from 1.0
- Damage on Multi hit on same target changed to 75% from 50%
Patch 6.11 Item Changes
- Attack speed increased to 35% from 30%
Boots of Swiftness–nerfed
- Movement Speed decreased to 55 from 60
- Unique Passive damage block from basic attacks increased to 12% from 10%
- Total Price reduced to 1100 from 1200
- Attack speed lowered to 35% from 50%
- Now Builds into Trinity Force.
- Now Builds out of Stinger instead of Zeal.
- Total price reduced to3733gfrom 3800
- Attack speed increased to 40% from 15%
- Cooldown reduction increased to 20% from 10%
- Critical Strike Chance reduced to 0% from 20%
- Total cost lowered to 2500 from 2800
- Negatron Cloak added to build path
LoL Patch 6.10 Taliyah Hotfix
These changes were made to new champion stone-rider Taliyah on the PBE, but were almost immediately hotfixed into the live game:
- Threaded Volley (Q):
- Mana cost decreased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
- Worked Ground base duration decreased to 140 from 180.
LoL Patch 6.11 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
El Leon Gnar
750 RP Royal.Details from Riot.
El Macho Mundo
1350 RP Imperial.Details from Riot.
El Rayo Volibear
750 RP Royal.Details from Riot.
Here’s the Patch 6.11 wrestling-themed splash art:
Dark Star Thresh Skin
A teaser has been released for a new Thresh skin, Dark Star Thresh. We’re not sure when this one will turn up, it’s not necessarily a part of this patch and will likely be in the next at the earliest. Little is known beyond the Legendary skin 1820 RP price point and general style. He’s also got a fellow black hole-themed buddy:
Dark Star Varus
This above video was first on Instagram, then ripped to YouTube by the SkinSpotlights folks. He’ll be a 1350 RP Imperial skin, and again, remains mostly mysterious. Expect further teases throughout the next couple of weeks.
LoL Patch 6.11 New Splash Art
Nidalee gets a much-needed splash art update in patch 6.11, updating all of her skins to far fancier versions. Here they are:
New Snow Bunny Nidalee Splash Art
New Leopard Nidalee Splash Art
New French Maid Nidalee Splash Art
New Pharaoh Nidalee Splash Art
New Bewitching Nidalee Splash Art
LoL Patch 6.11 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They’re always fairly excellent, though 6.11’s hasn’t appeared yet – expect it in the next week or so. Chances are it will be themed around the new skins you see above, though equally it could be an SKT celebration for their win at the 2016 Mid-Season Invitational.
LoL Patch 6.11 Early Surrender / Remake
This PBE is testing a function for games with AFK players to be surrenderable early, thus letting everyone involved get to actually play a proper game. Here’s what we know about it:
- If players don’t connect, the /remake command can be used so long as no Champions have died yet.
- This triggers a vote, which will let players decide to start a new game with the same players, other than whoever DC’d.
- The person who did DC, and their party, will all be given a loss.
This has now actually debuted on the PBE after having been datamined previously. Riot have an official post up about it if you’re interested.
LoL Client Update
Development on the updated client continues, with profile pages getting the spit polish this go-round. It’s still work in progress, and you can see the details of what’s happening in Riot’s official announcement, but here’s a nice gif of what happens when you pick Sona:
That’s League of Legends patch 6.11. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for patch 6.12 in the very near future. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!