League of Legends’ next big content patch is 6.17, introducing new arcade skins, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Tonnes of champions are getting a minor pass, with a lot of buffs in amongst the nerfs. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
Just getting started? Here’s the bestLeague of Legends championsfor beginners.
LoL Patch 6.17 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 6.17 will release on Wednesday, August 23. Exact NA downtime is at 03:00 PDT and will last around three hours. Keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
LoL Patch 6.17 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.17 Champion Changes
- Summon Tibbers (R):
- Tibbers’bonus movement and attack speed after Annie’s death decays 20% faster
- Ranger’s Focus (Q):
- Duration decreased to 4 seconds from 5
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R):
- Damage decreased to 200/400/600 from 250/425/600
- Hextech Munitions (Passive):
- Attacking wards no longer removes the Package’s out of combat movement speed
- Moonfall (E):
- Now pulls in an area of 225 units instead of 150
Draven – buffed
- Whirling Death (R):
- Mana cost decreased to 100 at all ranks from 120
- Cooldown changed to 120/100/80 from 110/100/90
- Agony’s Embrace (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 120/100/80 from 150/120/90
- Rising Spell Force (Passive)
- Now scales up to 10/12/14% per stack at levels 1/7/13 from 10% at all levels.
- Maximum attack speed increase now 50/60/70% at levels 1/7/13 from 50% at all levels.
- Base HP decreased to 540 from 580
- Remove Scurvy (W):
- Mana cost increased to 80/90/100/110/120 from 60/70/80/90/100
- Cannon Barrage (R):
- Cooldown increased to 180/160/140 from 160/150/140
- Damage decreased to 420/720/1020 from 600/840/1080
- Bodyslam (E):
- Cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/12 from 12 at all ranks
- Explosive Cask (R):
- Now has a fixed travel time, meaning it will always take 0.55 seconds to arrive at its target, even if Gragas is next to it.
- Thundering Blow (Hammer E):
- Mana cost lowered to 40 at all ranks from 40/50/60/70/80/90
- Transform: Mercury Hammer (R):
- Next attack changed to 40% AD scaling to 40% AP scaling
- Deadly Flourish (W):
- AD ratio decreased to 50% from 70%
- Damage to minions and monsters increased to 75% from 65%
- Curtain Call (R):
- No longer refunds based on unused shots if cancelled early.
- Enemies now see a max range indicator.
- Min damage per shot reduced to40/100/160 + 0.2 bonus attack damage from50/125/200 + 0.25 bonus attack damage
- Max damage reduced to140/350/560 + 0.7 bonus attack damage from150/375/600 + 0.75 bonus attack damage
- Damage increase based on % health target is missing increased to 2.5% per 1% missing from 2% per 1%.
- Super Mega Death Rocket! (R):
- Minimum damage ratio increased to 15% bonus AD from 10%
- Maximum damage increased to 150% bonus AD from 100%
- Base missile speed increase to 1,700 from 1,600
- Electrical Surge (W):
- Empowered missile speed decreased to 1,700 from 1,800
- Brutal Strikes (W):
- Cooldown increased to 12 at all ranks from 14
- Bonus Armour increased to 15/20/25/30/35% from 10/15/20/25/30%
- Active damage ratio increased to 0.15 bonus armour from 0.1
- Black Shield (E):
- Range increased to 800 from 750
Orianna – buffed
- Command: Shockwave (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 110/95/80 from 120/105/90
- Mana cost decreased to 100 at all ranks from 100/125/150
- Base movement speed increased to 345 from 340
- Steadfast Presence (W):
- Passive’s armor and MR bonus increased to 15% from 12%.
- Tunnel (Burrowed E):
- Cooldown increased to 26/24/22/20/18 from 20/19.5/19/18.5/18
- Void Rush (R):
- Cooldown increased to 180/140/100 from 150/110/70
- Wind Slash (R):
- Minimum damage increased to 100/150/200 from 80/120/160
- Maximum damage increased to 300/450/600 from 240/360/480
- Realm Warp (R):
- Range increased to 1750/3000 from 1500/3000
Sivir – nerfed
- Ricochet (W):
- Bounce damage decreased to 50/55/60/65/70% from 60/65/70/75/80% attack damage
- On The Hunt (R):
- Passive attack speed on W decreased to 30/45/60% from 40/60/80%
- The Box (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 140/120/100 from 150/140/130
- Pillar of Ice (E):
- Cooldown rescaled to 22/20/18/16/14 from 23/20/17/14/11
- Tumble (Q):
- Bonus physical damage increased to 30/40/50/60/70% AD from 30/35/40/45/50% AD
- Phenomenal Evil Power (Passive):
- Stacks granted for champion kills increased to 5 from 3
- Blast Shield (Passive):
- Cooldown decreased to 16-8 seconds(at levels 1-18) from 18-8 seconds.
- Vault Breaker (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 16/14/12/10/8 from 18/15.5/13/10.5/8
- Knockback duration changed to 0.7 seconds from 0.5-0.75
- Excessive Force (E):
- Upon first level up, Vi immediately gains two charges of Excessive Force
The grave-digging, zombie-summoning Yorick is next up on the big-changes pile as far as full champion reworks go. These changes haven’t been revealed yet – they’re estimated for some time after 6.18 – but temporary files are already being found by eager dataminers. So far, they’ve discovered a new aiming template for his E, with this image titled “Yorick_E_Cone” added to the PBE.
Everything we know about the Yorick rework has its own post.
LoL Patch 6.17 Turret Changes
Turrets are having a bit of an AI rework to target champions more aggressively. Here’s the details from Riot:
- Champions within enemy turret attack range now draw turret aggro when attacking enemy champions within 1400 range of the turret (turret attack range is still unchanged at 775)
- When a turret switches to targeting champions due to having no other units to target, it now prioritizes the closest champion attacking it rather than a random champion in its range
LoL Patch 6.17 Map Changes
Looks like the map is getting a facelift for the 2016 NA finals, with a few images strewn in the rocks. Some more shots over on Surrender @ 20.
LoL Patch 6.17 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
1350 RP.Details from Riot.
Here’s her splash:
1350 RP. Details from Riot.
Here’s his splash:
1350 RP.Details from Riot.
Here’s his splash:
Patch 6.18 Baker Pantheon
This looks like it will be hitting in the next patch cycle, but various teases went up just before 6.17 released for a Pantheon Baker skin. It looks like this, and has a bun for a shield. Yes.
Check our dedicated 6.18 post, once it’s up, for all the details.
LoL Patch 6.17 Splash Art Update – Sion
The ongoing efforts to improve older splash arts continue with Sion. Here’s how he’ll be looking in patch 6.17:
New Hextech Sion Splash Art
New Lumberjack Sion Splash Art
New Warmonger Sion Splash Art
New Barbarian Sion Splash Art
LoL Patch 6.17 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They’re always fairly excellent, and 6.17’s is no different. Arcade Ahri takes the spotlight, with the little red dude in the back being a particular highlight:
League of Legends Champion Finder
Over on the forums, Riot are looking for feedback on a new feature added to the PBE that makes it easier to keep track of your champion in big teamfights. It’s essentially a large arrow that can be enabled at will and only seen by you. Here’s how it looks, again via [email protected]:
That’s League of Legends patch 6.17. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for patch 6.18 in the very near future. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!