League of Legends' next big content patch is 6.18, introducing the Yorick rework and cooking-themed skins, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. There's nerfs to some of the more popular champs before Worlds, as this is the patch the big tournament will be played on. Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You can play League of Legends for free this very moment.
LoL Patch 6.18 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 6.18 has been set for release on September 8. From 3am PDT for NA servers, 5am BST for EUW and 3am CEST for EUNE servers will be down for maintenance as the patch is applied. The server maintenance page will keep you posted on any further updates.
LoL Patch 6.18 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 6.18 Champion Changes
Ashe - nerfed
- Volley (W):
- Cooldown increased to 15/12.5/10/7.5/5 from 12/10/8/6/4
Ekko - nerfed
- Base attack damage decreased to 55 from 59
Gnar - nerfed
- Hyper (Mini W):
- Damage decreased to 10/20/30/40/50 from 15/25/35/45/55
- Hop/Crunch (E):
- Cooldown increased to 22/19.5/17/14.5/12 from 18/16.5/15/13.5/12
Lissandra - nerfed
- Health Growth decreased to 75 from 84
Lux - buffed
- Lucent Singularity (E):
- Slow increased to 25/30/35/40/45% from 20/24/28/32/36%
Miss Fortune - buffed
- Love Tap (Passive)
- No longer deals half damage to turrets.
Nocturne - buffed
- Unspeakable Horror (E):
- Terrify duration increased to 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
Rek'Sai - nerfed
- Base armor reduced to 24 from 28.3
- Armor growth reduced to 3.4 from 3.75
Shen - nerfed
- Ki Barrier (Passive):
- Shield strength decreased to [50 + 3 per level] from [52 + 4] per level.
- Twilight Assault (Q):
- Next three attacks damage decreased to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of target's max health from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5%
- Damage on hit after spirit blade lowered to 4/4.5/5/5.5/6% of target's max health from 5/5.5/6/6.5/7%
Taliyah - nerfed
- Threaded Volley (Q):
- No longer deals 50% extra damage to minions.
- Unraveled Earth (E):
- Trap damage decreased to 70/90/110/130/150 from 80/105/130/155/180
Vladimir - changed
- Base health decreased to 525 from 550
- Transfusion (Q):
- Healing bonus increased to 30-200 (Levels 1-18) from 40-240.
- Tides of Blood (E):
- Cooldown increased to 13/11/9/7/5 from 9/8/7/6/5
- Health cost max decreased to 8% at all ranks from 10%
Yasuo - changed
- Attack speed per level lowered to 2.5 from 3.2
- Base attack speed also increased to [0.67] from [0.658].
- Last Breath (R):
- Secondary affect of increased bonus armor pen now only applies to Yasuo's critical strikes rather than all attacks.
Patch 6.18 Yorick Rework
The big gravedigger is getting his homecoming rework. All the details over in our Yorick Rework post. Here's what's changed from that base:
- Shepherd of Souls (Passive):
- Now displays a counter to show how many units have died near Yorick
- Mist Walker health scaling increased to 15% from 10%
- Dark Procession (W):
- Health bar moved to bottom.
- Last Rites / Awakening (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6
- Mourning Mist (E)
- Haste increased to 20% from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%
- Eulogy of the Isles (R):
- Maiden will now only advance in a lane if Yorick or lane minions are in front of her
- Maiden will actively seek to assist Yorick in a large radius if he is in combat with an enemy champion
A big update means a spotlight video, and here's Yorick's:
Patch 6.18 Item Changes
Frozen Mallet - changed
- Recipe changed to [Jaurim's Fist + Long Sword + Giant's Belt + 550g]
- Health increased to 700 from 650
- Attack damage decreased to 30 from 40
Relic Shield - nerfed
- Heal for killing a minion lowered to 15 from 20
LoL Patch 6.18 Worlds Content
As the patch that the World Championships will be played on, there some special stuff in-client to celebrate. There's the changes to mid-lane with the rock formation you see above, plus the Championship Zed skin that headlines our Skins section.
There are also special team emotes as described in this thread. They come in three tiers, letting you show dedication to your chosen squad of eStars all the way up to a special recall animation. Only the teams that make it to worlds will have this.
LoL Patch 6.18 Championship Riven
Riven's rather-lovely Championship skin will be returning alongside the 2016 Worlds tournament. There's an absolutely massive thread about how they're changing the skin for this iteration and what original owners will get to compensate for the skin getting a bit more common. There's also a feedback and info thread for the new skin. It will be 975 RP.
LoL Patch 6.18 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
975 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's his splash:
LoL Cooking Skins
Here's the combined details from Riot on this run of skins, and their combined splash:
LoL Patch 6.18 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They're always fairly excellent, and 6.18's is no different, featuring the brand new Yorick and some Halo-esque spooky music:
LoL Patch 6.18 Invulnerability UI
Patch 6.18 comes with it some special UI tweaks for invulnerable players. These are detailed in this thread from Riot, but they basically involve a special border around health bars while a player is invulnerable. It looks like this, and should help with clarity in large team fights:
That's League of Legends patch 6.18. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 6.19 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!