League of Legends' next big content patch is 7.23 , introducing Zoe, the Aspect of Twilight, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. There's even a brand-new game mode, Overcharge, to celebrate the release of the three new PROJECT skins arriving with this patch. Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You'll need the best League of Legends champions.
LoL Patch 7.23 Release Date And Downtime
We don't know the exact release date for patch 7.23 yet, but the schedule is bi-weekly so expect it on Wednesday November 22. We'll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
LoL Patch 7.23 New Champion: Zoe
Zoe, the Aspect of Twilight, is hurtling through the stars, set to arrive on Summoner's Rift with patch 7.23. Zoe's a bubbly, exciteable, and highly mobile burst mage, who can salvage her opponents' spells to use against them.
(NB: Zoe's not available on the PBE just yet, so all of her stats are subject to change)
HP Growth: 92
Base HP: 526
Base HP Regen: 1.3
HP Regen Growth: 0.12
Base Armor: 20.8
Armor Growth: 3.5
Base MR: 30
MR Growth: 0.5
Base AD: 56
Mana Growth: 50
Attack Speed Growth: 2.5
AD Growth: 3.3
Attack Range: 525
Base Move Speed: 340
More Sparkles! (Passive)
- Zoe's next basic attack after casting a spell deals bonus magic damage.
- Damage: 17-140 (based on level), plus 25% AP
Paddle Star (Q)
- Range: 800
- Mana cost: 50/55/60/65/70
- Cooldown: 7.5/7/6.75/6.5/6.25
- Zoe fires a missile that does increasing damage the further it travels in a straight line. Recast to redirect the missile to a new position near Zoe.
- Minimum damage: 58-180 (based on level), plus 66% AP.
- Maximum damage: Minimum damage multiplied by 2.5, plus 165% AP.
Spell Thief (W)
- 0.25 second cooldown.
- No cost
- Enemy Summoner Spell and Active Items casts drop spell shards lasting 40 seconds. Some minions also drop a spell shard when Zoe kills them.
- Active: Collecting a spell shard grants one cast of that spell.
- Passive: When Zoe casts a Summoner Spell or Spell Thief, she gains 10/25/40/55/70% movement speed for 2/2.5/3/2.5/4 seconds and tosses up to 3 missiles at her attack target, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+50% AP) magic damage. Each missile can apply More Sparkles!
Sleepy Trouble Bubble (E)
- Range: 800
- 80 Mana
- 15.5/15/14.5/14/13.5 second cooldown
- Zoe dropkicks a bubble that deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% AP) magic damage, lingering as a trap if it hits nothing. The bubble's range is extended when flying over a wall.
- After a delay, the victim falls asleep for 2 seconds. Attacks and spell hits break sleep but deal double damage, up to 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% AP) bonus damage.
- When an enemy falls asleep, Sleepy Trouble Bubble's cooldown is reduced by 10/15/20/25/30%.
Portal Jump (R)
- Range: 575
- Mana cost: 50
- Cooldown: 11/8/5 seconds
- Zoe blinks to a nearby position for one second, then blinks back.
- Zoe may cast and attack during this time, but can't move. She can also see over walls.
You can get a look at what all of that looks like in the gameplay video below:
You can also check out Zoe's full voiceover:
Zoe also has ten minutes of special interactions, much of which is taken up with some significant Ezreal thirst. Check it out below:
Finally, here's Zoe's splash:
Zoe's in-client lore explains some of her backstory, as well as teasing some of her relationships to other characters:
"As the aspect of youth, imagination, and change, Zoe acts as the divine messenger of Targon, heralding the major events that reshape worlds, before disappearing for hundreds or even thousands of years. Zoe's very presence alters the arcane mathematics which perhaps explains the breezy nonchalance with that she approaches the task and her tendency to focus instead on playing games, tricking mortals, or otherwise amusing herself. An encounter with The Everchild can be joyous and life affirming but it is always more than it appears... and always extremely dangerous."
LoL Patch 7.23 Champion Changes
Lux - nerfed
- Base AD decreased to 53.54 from 53.544.
- HP regen decreased to 1.08 from 1.0848.
Ornn - hotfixed
- Searing Charge (Q):
- Damage increased to 30/50/70/90/110 from 20/40/60/80/100.
- Shockwave damage increased to 50/90/130/170/210 from 40/80/120/160/200.
Rammus - nerfed
- Base armor decreased to 36 from 40.
Sona - hotfixed
- Aria of Perseverence (W):
- Heal decreased to 30/50/70/90/110 from 35/55/75/95/115.
- Shield strength decreased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 30/55/80/105/130.
- Base damage decreased to 46 from 50.04.
- Base armor lowered to 28 from 30.
Taliyah - buffed
- HP growth increased to 90 from 87.
- Armor growth increased to 3.5 from 3.
Zoe - nerfed
- Spell Thief (W):
- AP lowered to 40% from 50%.
LoL Patch 7.23 Item Changes
Hextech Gunblade - buffed
- Unique active: Lightning bolt damage increased to 175-253 from 175-250.
LoL Patch 7.23 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Cyber Pop Zoe
We don't have any extra info on this skin just yet, but here's her splash:
1820 RP. Details from Riot.
Here are PROJECT: Vayne's special interactions:
And here's a quick look at her gameplay, including her very impressive new wheels:
Here's her splash:
1350 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's his splash:
1350 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's her splash:
LoL Patch 7.23 PROJECT//: Overcharge Game Mode
PROJECT//: Overcharge is a new game mode to celebrate the arrival of the three new PROJECT skins. Overcharge is a 3v3, marksman-only map, where the race is on to be the first team to score 50 points by killing enemy players.
Capturing Augmentation fragments around the map empowers your team, making them immune to damage, and granting significant stat boosts for 25 seconds. Overcharge looks to be one of LoL's most complex new game modes ever, with teleport pads, health boosts, and stat modifiers throughout.
Here's a quick preview of the game's map, Substructure 43, set in the dystopian future version of Ionia that the PROJECT skins call home:
LoL Patch 7.23 Context & Notes
Meddler has been discussing the status of the new Runes system. He says nothing's too far out of place, but a few Keystones might need adjusting. A few champions, like Sona and Yorick, need bringing back down, while Ivern and Nunu are struggling slightly.
There's also context on the Taliyah changes, which have been swapped in today's (November 15) update, and more information on the Yorick nerf.
A bug that causes Ezreal to double proc his Q while using Muramana will see a fix soon.
Meddler has been discussing game length and snowball rates in his most recent gameplay thoughts. Overall, a combination of aggressive team comps and some strong runes, game times are down by about 30 seconds, although 10 seconds of that comes from the quicker game starts. That sounds small, but across as many matches as League of Legends sees in a typical day, it shows that Runes Reforged has had a meaningful impact.
LoL Patch 7.23 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They're always fairly excellent, and 7.23's is no different. The first new login screen focuses on the three new Project skins - check it out below:
There's also a new login screen for Zoe:
That's League of Legends patch 7.23. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 7.24 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!