League of Legends’ next big content patch is 8.8, with major updates to some of League’s most popular mages. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You’ll need the best League of Legends champions.
LoL Patch 8.8 Release Date And Downtime
League of Legends patch 8.8 will arrive on April 11. Maintenance will begin at 03:00 PT for NA, 05:00 BST for EUW, and 03:00 CET for EUNE.
LoL Patch 8.8 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 8.8 Champion Changes
Ahri – changed
- Vastayan Grace (P):
- Changed effect: “If Ahri earns 2 spell hits against an enemy champion within a 1.5-second period, she gains 20% movement speed for 3 seconds (9 second cooldown).
- Orb of Deception (Q):
- No longer grants movement speed.
- New effect: “If Ahri earns 9 spell hits (max 3 per cast) she gains Essence Theft, cauing her next Q cast that lands to restore health on hit.”
- Fox-Fire (W):
- Cost decreased to 40 mana at all ranks from 50 mana.
- Initial Delay for non-priority targeting increased to 0.4 seconds from 0.25 seconds.
- New effect: “Fox-Fire has priority targeting for targets that meet at least on of the following sets of conditions:
- The target is a champion affected by Charm’s damage amp and is within 725 units of Ahri
- The target is the most recent target Ahri has launched a basic attack against (within the past 3 seconds) and is within 725 units of Ahri.”
- Charm (E):
- Damage changed to 60/90/120/150/180 (+40% AP) from 60/95/130/165/200 (+60% AP).
- New effect: When Charm deals damage to a champion, Ahri’s abilities deal 20% more damage to them for 5 seconds.
- Spirit Rush (R):
- Damage changed to 60/90/120 (+35% AP) from 70/110/150 (+25% AP).
Azir – nerfed
- Arise! (W):
- Damage to noprimary targets decreased to 25/50/75/100% (at levels 1/6/11/16) from 40/70/100% (at levels 1/6/11).
Braum – nerfed
- Armour growth decreased to 4 from 4.5.
- Stand Behind Me (W):
- Bonus armor and MR decreased to 10/14/18/22/26 from 17.5/20/22.5/25/27.5.
Galio – nerfed
- Hero’s Entrance (R):
- Cooldown increased to 200/180/160 seconds from 180/150/120 seconds.
Graves – buffed
- HP per level increased to 92 from 84.
- Collateral Damage (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 110/85/60 seconds from 120/100/80 seconds.
Irelia – changed
- Base armore increased to 34 from 31.
- Bladesurge (Q):
- AD ratio decreased to 70% from 80%.
- Damage to minions increased to 70% from 60%.
- Flawless Duet (E):
- Stun duration decreased to .75 seconds at all ranks from 0.8/0.9/1.0/1.1/1.2 seconds.
- Vanguard’s Edge (R):
- Wall crowd control duration decreased to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds.
- Cooldown increased to 140/120/100 seconds from 120/105/90 seconds.
- Missile damage changed to 125/225/325 from 150/275/400.
- Wall damage decreased to 75/125/175 from 125/200/275.
Janna – nerfed
- Base movespeed decreased to 315 from 320.
- Zephyr (W):
- Damage decreased to 55/100/145/190/235 from 60/105/150/195/240.
- Base Health regen decreased to 5.2 from 6.2.
- Health regen growth decreased to 0.55 from 0.75.
- Icathian Rain (Q):
- AD ratio decreased to 35% from 40%.
- Sigil of Malice (Q):
- Renamed to Shatter Orb.
- Applies a mark to the target. Damaging the marked target with an ability detonates the mark to deal additional damage.
- Damage decreased to55/80/105/130/155 (+0.4 AP) from55/90/125/160/195 (+0.5 AP).
- Mark damage:55/80/105/130/155 (+0.4 AP)
- Mana cost increased to 50/60/70/80/90 from 40/45/50/55/60.
- Distortion (W):
- Damage increased to85/125/165/205/245 (+0.6 AP) from 40/55/70/85/100 (+0.2 AP).
- Mana cost increased to 60/75/90/105/120 from 70/80/90/100/110.
- Cooldown decreased to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds from 18/16/14/12/10 seconds.
- Dash speed decreased to 1450 from 1600.
- Snapback lockout changed to 0.2 seconds from finishing dash from 0.85 seconds after starting dash.
- Ethereal Chains (E):
- Initial Hit AP ratio decreased to 0.3 from 0.5.
- Root damage increased to 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.7 AP) from 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.5 AP).
- Mana cost increased to 70 from 40.
- Tether range decreased to 865 from 885.
- Mimic (R):
- RQ damage decreased70/140/210 (+0.4 AP)from 150/275/400 (+0.6 AP).
- RQ Mark damage changedto 140/280/420 (+0.8 AP) from150/275/400 (+0.6 AP).
- RW Damage increased to150/300/450 (+0.75 AP) from60/120/180 (+0.3 AP).
- RE Initial Damage decreased to70/140/210 (+0.4 AP)from 100/160/220 (+0.4 AP).
- RE Root Damage increased to140/280/420 (+0.8 AP)from 100/160/220 (+0.4 AP).
- Cooldown increased to 60/45/30 from 54/42/30.
Lissandra – buffed
- Ice Shard (Q):
- Mana cost decreased to 75 at all ranks from 85 at all ranks.
- Frozen Tomb (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 120/100/80 seconds from 130/105/80 seconds.
Nautilus – buffed
- Base AD increased to 61 from 57.54.
- Base mana increased to 400 from 334.
- Dredge Line (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds from 18/16/14/12/10 seconds.
Ryze – nerfed
- Spell Flux (E):
- Cost increased to 60/70/80/90/100 from 40/55/70/85/100.
Sion – nerfed
- Decimating Smash (Q):
- Base damage increased to 30/47.5/65/82.5/100 from 20/40/60/80/100.
- Damage ratio changed to 45/50/55/60/65% from 65% at all ranks.
- Maximum damage AD ratio changed to 135/150/165/180/195% from 195% at all ranks.
Tahm Kench –nerfed
- Devour (W):
- No longer gains movement speed toward enemy champions when he has eaten an ally.
- Thick Skin (E):
- Passive’s total health restored decreased to 15/20/25/30/35% from25/30/35/40/45%.
Taliyah – nerfed
- Base HP decreased to 502 from 532.
- Threaded Volley (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 11/9/7/5/3 seconds from 9/7.5/6/4.5/3 seconds.
- Living Vengeance (P):
- Bonus attack speed on champion kill decreased to 30% from 50%.
- Bonus attack speed on minion kill decreased to 15% from 25%.
- Blighted Quiver (W):
- Passive damage decreased to 4/8/12/16/20 frin 10/14/18/22/26.
- New active: “Varus’ next piercing arrow deals bonus magic damage equal to 6/7/8/9/10% to 9/10.5/12/13.5/15% of the target’s missing health (scales with Piercing Arrow charge).”
- Base attack speed increased to .644 from .625.
- Base armor decreased to 30 from 35.
- Base health regen increased to 10 from 9.
- Health regen growth increased to 1 from 0.9.
- Blast Shield (P):
- Cooldown changed to 12-8 by level 9 from 16-8 by level 9.
- Vault Breaker (Q):
- Cooldown decreased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 16/14/12/10/8 seconds.
- Excessive Force (E):
- Mana cost changed to 26/32/38/44/50 from 40/45/50/55/60.
Xayah – nerfed
- Base health regen decreased to 5 from 6.
- Clean Cuts (P):
- Secondary target damage decreased to 30% from 50%.
Patch 8.8 Item Changes
Archangel’s staff– nerfed
- Unique Passive – Awe: Max mana decreased to 1% from 3% (does not effect Seraph’s Embrace).
- Swapping between trinkets now sets your new trinket to the same % remaining cooldown as your old one rather than flat 120 second cooldown on swap.
Oracle Alteration and Oracle Lens – changed
- Now available at level 1 instead of level 9.
- Cooldown is 90-60 seconds based on level.
Patch 8.8 Rune Changes
Lethal Tempo – buffed
- Attack speed increased to 40-110% from 30-80%.
LoL Patch 8.8 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
975 RP.Details from Riot.
Here’s his splash:
There’s also a new Conqueror Baron model. Check it out below:
LoL Patch 8.8 Login Screen
Patch 8.8’s first login screen focuses on MSI 2018. You can check it out below:
That’s League of Legends patch 8.8. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for League of Legends patch 8.9 in the very near future. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!