Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta is set to receive a rather extensive update in the coming weeks, Microsoft have confirmed. Dubbed the Overworld Update, players will get their hands on a whole host of new features “by the end of this month.”
Minecraft daft? Here’s our best Minecraft skins.
The update will introduce more advanced mechanical contraptions that harness more redstone components. That means more comparators, repeaters, dispensers, droppers, hoppers, and trapped chests, suggest Microsoft, all of which will allow you to “invent all the things!”
From hereon, be sure to check out any cauldrons housed within Witch huts when you’re out exploring, as they’ll now be filled with randomly generated potions. What’s more, these sorcery saucepans can be used to dye your armour in an “array of beautiful colors.”
Other Overworld Update highlights include: Item Frames, that can display loot in your home, or mount maps on your walls; slime blocks; wearable pumpkins; red sandstone; and improved chicken jockey mobs. Obviously.
Eight new achievements are also en route to the Windows 10 Edition Beta:
- Camouflage – Kill a mob while wearing the same type of mob head.
- Dispense With This – Construct a dispenser.
- Tie Dye Outfit – Dye all 4 unique pieces of leather armor.
- Map Room – Place 9 fully explored, adjacent maps into 9 item frames in a 3 by 3 square.
- Trampoline Bounce – 30 blocks upward off of a slime block.
- Freight Station – Use a Hopper to move an item from a Chest Minecart to a Chest.
- Smelt Everything! – Connect 3 Chests to a single Furnace using 3 Hoppers.
- Taste of Your Own Medicine – Poison a witch with a splash potion.
Full details of the Overworld Update – incoming this month – can be found via Xbox Wire.