Blizzard have announced everything they'll be showing off at Gamescom - the highlight is a new animated short and map for Overwatch. Also at the show is new content for Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, more information on WoW patch 7.3 and playable builds of all of Blizzard's games.
Here's what's on the development slate for Overwatch patch 1.14.
A preview video is due to be released on Monday at 18:00 CEST (17:00 BST, 12:00 EDT, 10:00 PDT) that will show off everything Blizzard have planned. That will be over on YouTube.
Then on Wednesday at the same time there will be a "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" of new announcements. This will include the Overwatch animated short and more information about WoW patch 7.3. That'll be right here:
Here's a full breakdown of what will be shown where:
- New animated short on Wednesday stream.
- New map in Monday video.
- Co-op raid against The Lich King as part of a new Fireside Brawl. This will likely be shown in the Monday video, but is only playable at Fireside Gatherings.
- World of Warcraft
- Information about patch 7.3, including details on "a dungeon" - may be the Seat of the Triumverate, may not be. Expect a 7.3 release date either way.
- Heroes of the Storm
- A new hero in Monday video.
- A new co-op commander in Monday video
- Diablo 3
- Sad trombone sound.
Along with the above there's various playable builds of recent additions to the big blue bonanza on the show floor - SC: Remastered and Diablo 3's Necromancer, for example. There's also plenty of esports action for WoW, Hearthstone and a streamer showcase for Heroes of the Storm. All this information, and a nice schedule, is over on the official Blizzard gamescom site and this Battle.net post.