Payday 2 might have a lot of in-game stuff you can buy – the most recent being a bunch of medieval themed weaponry – but this latest addition is a steal, because it won’t cost you anything.
All your crime sprees are finally catching up with you in this latest update which adds Commissioner Garrett, and he really doesn’t like the fact you keep nicking things and shooting police officers in the face.
It seems Garrett will be sending an elite force of heavily armoured cops after you, all who have a “set of very specific skills, tailored to make these criminals’ lives a living hell.” Sounds lovely, but you’d probably be better off just killing the criminals at this point, surely?
Watch the reveal trailer below:
All in all, the update adds the following: a new nemesis – Commissioner Garrett, a new enemy – Captain Winters, the FBI Files feature, and a new inventory system.
The update also comes with a few fixes:
- Fixed an issue where players that bought the Yakuza Character Pack didn’t get Jiro’s mask in their inventory from the start.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the Diamond Store heist.
- Fixed an issue where the alarm went off when you killed all bikers in Big Oil day 1.
- Fixed an issue where players could pick up loot through display cases in the Ukrainian Job heist.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind an ATM door in Big Oil day 1.
- Fixed an issue where players could hide from enemy fire in certain spots in Firestarter day 1.