As one of the biggest battle royale games around it is imperative that Bluehole implement plenty of PUBG updates so its players aren’t tempted to jump ship to Epic Games’ colourful, architecturally-minded rival, Fortnite.
Since PUBG’s 1.0 launch, there has been a set of PUBG patch notes for everything: new maps, modes, vehicles, and weapons have kept Brendan Greene’s 100-player scrap fresh. To help you stay in the know, below you can find everything you need to know about all the new content added to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
While PUBG is updating, check out the other battle royale games you need to play.
The latest set of changes come in the shape of PUBG update 15, and we’ve got a PUBG new map in which to get a new batch of chicken dinners. Sanhok is a smaller theatre of war that still houses 100 battle-hardened players, so expect lots of action. To go with it we have a Sanhok-exclusive new PUBG weapon, the QBZ, which replaces the SCAR-L in matches in this smaller death zone. As well as some UI and sound tweaks, here is everything you need to know about PUBG update 15.
PUBG update 15 release date
Pack your bags and get ready to travel to your new – and still extremely treacherous – holiday destination: the PUBG update 15 release date is here, so get downloading and you’ll be dropping into Sanhok in no time.
PUBG update 15 – Sanhok map
Sanhok is 4km x 4km map (one fourth the size of Erangel or Miramar). Although games tend to end a little more quickly on this tiny island, battles are still massive. Every game still features 100 players. Certain settings have been customized specifically for Sanhok to better fit its unique design.
- Faraway players and vehicles aren’t rendered the same way on Sanhok, resulting in some server performance improvements.
- Weather in Sanhok changes dynamically.
- Players can throw apples while waiting to board the plane in the in-game lobby.
- The redzone is smaller and shorter-lasting on Sanhok.
- The center of the redzone appears outside of the playzone (the white circle). This means players are more at risk when outside of the playzone.
- Bluezone on Sanhok has shorter waiting times and longer travel times.
- The bluezone checks remaining player numbers before deciding the next circle, adjusting the waiting time and travel time accordingly (this doesn’t affect circle size).
- The item spawn rules have been customized on Sanhok to get you equipped for battle faster.
- ARs, SMGs, and DMRs are spawned more often. The total item spawn rate has been increased 5% compared to that found in the fourth round of Sanhok testing.
- 8x scopes and 15x scopes don’t spawn on Sanhok. However, they may still be obtained from care packages.
PUBG update 15 – QBZ assault rifle
- The QBZ is an AR that uses 5.56mm rounds. It can hold 30 rounds per magazine, and can be extended to 40 rounds.
- The QBZ replaces the SCAR-L in Sanhok’s item spawn pool (meaning the SCAR-L no longer spawns on Sanhok).
- It spawns about 1.4x as often as the SCAR-L used to spawn on Sanhok.
PUBG update 15 – UI/UX changes
- With three maps now in the game, you’ll choose between two “playlists” instead of two maps.
- The Battle Royale playlist contains both Erangel and Miramar. Selecting it will randomly drop you into one of the two.
- The Mini Royale playlist contains only Sanhok for now.
- Select both playlists to be randomly dropped into one of the three maps currently in the game.
- Many game UI elements have been updated.
- The friend list UI has been updated.
- Leaderboard and Replay UI has been improved.
- Pop ups in the lobby and game sessions have been visually enhanced.
- Pop up window showing matchmaking status has been improved.
- In-game UI elements such as inventory, map, results window have been improved.
- Improved the in-game minimap
- The mini map now dynamically zooms in or out depending on the character’s movement speed, enhancing your ability to see what’s around you.
- The ‘Minimap Dynamic Zoom’ option can be turned on/off in the options menu.
- The minimap can now be expanded.
- Minimap expansion can be toggled on/off using the ‘N’ key
- To improve visibility of the Blue Zone in the map, areas under the Blue Zone are now colored blue.
- The bluezone indicator bar located above the minimap has been improved
- Added universal scope sensitivity setting, with the ability to individually set scope sensitivities if desired.
- Sensitivity levels now apply properly for scopes with a variable zoom.
- A new option to adjust crosshair color using RGBA values has been added under the options menu.
- The loading screen has been modified to display game-related tips.
PUBG update 15 – sound improvements
- Plane engine sound volume when beginning the match has been decreased.
- The volume of sounds made by bodies of water (oceans, rivers) has been decreased.
- Care package plane’s volume attenuation curve is now steeper. This means the distance at which the plane can be heard is the same, but the distance at which the plane’s maximum sound can be heard has been decreased.
- The sound effect made when throwables impact water has been improved.
- All weapon sounds have been remastered for better quality.
- Excessive boost effect in low frequency range has been adjusted.
PUBG update 15 – bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where characters got stuck in certain areas of Erangel and Miramar.
- Removed a few objects from Erangel and Miramar which obstructed movement.
- Fixed an issue where certain plants in Miramar were floating above the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the sound when using an adrenaline syringe was longer than the associated animation.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Mirado from taking damage from grenades.
- Fixed an issue where players inside vehicles didn’t take damage from unarmed melee attacks.
- Fixed an issue where grenade status effects (flash, burning) would sometimes not disappear after their intended duration.
- Fixed an issue with pistol recoil animations not being played correctly in ADS after exiting a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where parts of the sidecar’s wheel were missing when the tire was destroyed.
- Improved the vaulting interaction between some objects and windows.
- Fixed an issue when spectating or watching replays where parts of weapons would disappear in certain situations (only weapons with high scope-mounting positions).
- Fixed an issue where dropping a weapon immediately after firing abruptly stopped the sound effect.