Network N, the parent company of PCGamesN, is hiring! The company is looking for a new Editor to relaunch its mobile-focused site, Pocket Tactics.
The ideal candidate will love mobile games and have experience running a website (preferably a gaming site) – or working as a deputy editor or section editor. That individual would also have experience managing in-house staff and freelancers, as well as planning editorial output long-term. Note the role is based in Network N’s offices in Bath, UK; unfortunately, remote work is not possible. The deadline for applications is January 8, 2020.
Network N is the parent company of Pocket Tactics, PCGamesN, The Loadout, and many other sites. It’s also hiring for an Editor-in-Chief and an SEO Manager. Hit the link to read more about those roles, or check out the job description for the Pocket Tactics Editor role below and the full ad here.
- Content creation, including writing, sub-editing, and commissioning
- Content planning: overseeing all editorial output, and deciding what the site should cover and when
- Managing an in-house editorial team plus a pool of freelancers
- Helping to develop and deliver on the editorial strategy for the brand
- Identifying and implementing growth strategies for the website
- Ensuring all output meets Network N’s high editorial standards, and is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Attendance at events, trade shows, etc.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a senior role on a gaming or entertainment website
- Experience managing staff members
- Exceptional knowledge of and a passion for mobile gaming
- Ability to identify and capitalise on emerging trends
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Proactivity and a strong work ethic
- SEO knowledge