Prey’s version 1.2 patch is now available on Steam. Key points are a fix to prevent save files from corrupting (and even repair those which have), and a fix for a glitch that allowed infinite item duplication when recycling.
Remember, kids: when injecting yourself with alien DNA, be informed. Here’s our Prey abilities guide.
The patch also fixes the behaviour of Prey’s quasi-iconic Gloo gun, and a couple of glitches that occur at certain points in the story. The notes are copied below in full – very minor story spoilers follow:
- Fix to prevent saved games from becoming corrupted; fix also returns corrupted save games to uncorrupted state.
- Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the power plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to Gloo to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking phantoms.
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
The official notes are available on Bethesda’s website.
The 1.2 patch comes soon after a hotfix driver from Nvidia, which should resolve a stuttering issue experienced on some configurations. You can grab that here if you’ve been encountering this problem – reception on Reddit has been positive.