“Cheats! Cheats! Cheats!” cried the more honest Rocket League players among us who’d spotted mischievous opponents deleting files to avoid playing in the divisive Wasteland arena online. Righto, said developers Psyonix, we’ll add a matchmaking ban system for any wise guys who delete content to gain an advantage in our latest patch 1.12.
The making of Rocket League is a very interesting tale indeed!
Okay, so that’s not a direct quote from Psyonix, but patch number 1.12 does directly address players who’ve been altering the game’s files to gain an unfair advantage while playing online.
The newest update has “implemented [an] automatic timed matchmaking ban system associated with players who delete content from their game files to avoid competitive matchmaking in certain arenas,” in a bid to keep cheats at bay.
On Steam, fan opinion appears divided. While many agree players shouldn’t be cheating at the expense of those who play fair, some feel the Wasteland map does present itself far more often than it should. Others suggested that Psyonix ought to consider why certain players have went to such lengths to play the game on their terms. All told, what do you guys think? Let us know in the comments below.
Rocket League’s version 1.12 also addresses the following issues and bugs:
- Skill Rating calculation has been fixed on the League Rankings screen and now accurately reflects your MMR
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ranked Reconnect popup to appear improperly during gameplay
- Fixed an issue that caused players to lose input in the Muting menu
- Competitive games are now properly labeled on the in-game score card
- Players will no longer incorrectly appear to be in a party on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue that allowed Ballcam to be enabled/disabled erroneously in the post game screen
- (PS4) Players can once again view their old replay files
- (PS4) Text Chat keybinding has returned to the Controls menu
- (PC) Fixed an issue that displayed party members cars incorrectly in the main menu
- (PC) Fixed an issue with how the Max FPS slider capped frame rate
- (PC) Fixed an issue causing users with large Steam Friend Lists to experience graphical hitches
Last week marked the beginning of Rocket League Season two.